No announcement yet.

New ridgid heated jackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine broke I recently moved and with the move, I left my front load washer behind. New place has a top load, and I washed the jacket.... now it doesnt work I had washed it dozens of times in my old washer/dryer setup over the years and no problems. Oh well, crap happens. I am guessing something inside got twisted or torn by the twisting action the top load has that the front loads dont do.

Comment

I thought you were not supposed to wash them? I wont buy one until they do two things, 1) Make them 12 volt, 18v battery too bulky,
      2) Make a hoody that is washer/dryer safe, no different than an electric blanket!

Comment

Omg that's so cool! I totally want one. Sorry about your luck alpha. Maybe next year I'll retire my cathart. I like the USB port for charging phones too.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          I thought you were not supposed to wash them? I wont buy one until they do two things, 1) Make them 12 volt, 18v battery too bulky,
          2) Make a hoody that is washer/dryer safe, no different than an electric blanket!
          Here's the stupid part, the voltage output from the adapter is 12v, so the jackets are fully compatible with 12/18v batteries, they just need to sell the adapter.... grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post

Here's the stupid part, the voltage output from the adapter is 12v, so the jackets are fully compatible with 12/18v batteries, they just need to sell the adapter.... grrrrr
            that doesn't surprise me, aeg has the 12 volt. What is surprising is both adapters for usb charging are not for sale?!!

Comment

Just confirmed what I have thought all along....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                Just confirmed what I have thought all along....
                no way! Crap i could have bought one of those for 59 on clearance!

Comment

The m12/18 heated wear all use the same heating system. They both use either battery, as the 12V battery adapter puts out 12v. The 18v adapter also reduces the output to 12v. The M12 sweatshirt I got even has in the paperwork stating that you can use either 12 or 18v batteries to power the hoodie. Now, if only Ridgid sold the adapter separate...

Comment

I see DeWalt has a jacket with removable sleeves turning it into a heated vest. Uses either 12v or 20v batteries. Three temperature settings and four heating zones.

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless...-dchj065b.aspx
                    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

Comment

Working...
                    X