New ridgid heated jackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New ridgid heated jackets

When do u think we will c these new jackets? July? I currently wear the newer style Milwaukee and when I use the 12v battery there isn't much heat there but as soon as I plug it in through the cigarette lighter it is great. As soon as the ridgid model is forsale I'm getting one.

Comment

My local home depot had them a few days ago. Available in black and woods camo. Saw large, xl and xxl.

Comment

Does anyone know the sku # for the black coat?

Comment

Bought mine today! LOVE IT! Sorry, I don't have the receipt here with me at the moment, I'll post it tomorrow. I bought the black Large coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            Bought mine today! LOVE IT! Sorry, I don't have the receipt here with me at the moment, I'll post it tomorrow. I bought the black Large coat.
            Pics of the connector and belt hook maybe? Apparently not cold enough here to have them yet!

Comment

Bet josh could use 1 or 5 with no gas in the area.

If I reverse the contacts, will it cool

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Can someone please scan the user manual and post it up here?

Comment

Is the 18v battery really bulky and uncomfortable?

Any idea whether the jacket is capable of heating up hotter than the Milwaukee one since the ridgid one has a much bigger battery?

Comment

The battery has its own pocket on the left. I don't notice it when zipped in the pocket as it is toward the back. It is impossible to change the battery without taking off the jacket, at least I can't do it. But the cord is also long enough that you can hook the battery on your belt/tool pouch. The battery adapter has a USB port and belt clip. There is also a place to run a USB cable from the battery to the chest pocket. I thought the heat selection buttons being inside the jacket on the left breast would be inconvenient but it's been fine and does protect them from damage. The output of the battery adapter is 12v to the jacket cord which unplugs so you can use the adapter as a portable USB charging station. Sorry, I'm in Texas so I can not scan the manual at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      Pics of the belt hook set up?

Comment

Thanks I found the manual. Looks like two different power sources were designed for the jacket but at the moment they're only shipping the 18v one. I hope a 12v power source will be available soon.

Does the 18v battery get in the way when sitting down? With the 12v Milwaukee jacket, the battery pack feels like a big lump when sitting in a car.

Buttons on the inside = huge improvement over the Milwaukee models. Milwaukee jackets have the buttons on the outside and it looks pretty stupid when you look like walking lighted Christmas tree.

Any idea how warm the jacket gets? Does turning on the pocket warmers add to the warm feeling even if you're not using it to warm up your hands?

Comment

Played around with one of the jackets in my office. I wore it around some outside as well but this is the warmest stretch of weather we have had in a while so no idea how well it does in sub zero weather. The heated zones are up around the chest and upper back to try to keep your core warm. The pockets get nice and toasty which would be a real help when not wearing gloves in the winter. Lower back is really the only void in the coverage but the upper back is probably the warmest part of the jacket so not sure how much you would notice the lesser coverage on the lumbar.

The battery pack is plugged in in the lower left rear of the jacket and the adapter comes with a clip that you clip to your belt if you are concerned about the weight of the battery. For smaller packs you can wear them inside the zip up pouch. Wearing the 4 Amp Hr battery is noticeable. The smaller X4 packs were fine walking around outside. Location of the battery pack would probably get in the way when sitting bu the movable power source would allow you to remedy that.

Separate controls for the hands and the "Core" warmers. 3 levels of heat for each indicated by the color of the LED controls.
                          Controls are easily accessible while wearing. Battery compartment is hard to zip up while wearing but you can switch batteries fairly easily.

I am looking forward to a cold snap so I can give it a shot in real winter weather.
                          Name:  beb407bbe7eff198df71bddb74877b5f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  137.8 KBName:  95849a7c62b27028e928eef2e6e04bbc.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  116.4 KB

Josh

Comment

Note to joey, I don't need a heated jacket.

But I can use some more ridgid t-shirts and polo shirts. You know being winter, I wouldn't want to catch a cold.

Save the heated jackets for the 48 or so states that need them. Hawaii can use the ridgid tank tops and board shorts.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I really could have made great use of the jacket when my gas service went out last week.

Comment

I just got an email showing the heated jacket at HD's that I believe are in my area. Problem is that I guess smaller bodied people don't need them as much, only L, XL, and XXL. Search Results for*ridgid heated jacket*at The Home Depot The 'L' arm lengths are longer than my leg length. Is this the case country wide with only the three sizes available?

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X