Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need new batteries for old tools..what should I do?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need new batteries for old tools..what should I do?

volts are volts. if the battery pack fits the drill it'll work fine.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      volts are volts. if the battery pack fits the drill it'll work fine.
      I guess that would be my hidden question then, does anyone with real world experience with these know that they do fit? Sorry if I didn't ask correctly. Jim.
      At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Comment

I have Ridgid cordless tools from the first kit they offered to current models, they are all the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
          I had been wanting the RIDGID 18-Volt Hammer Drill and Impact Driver kit because of the higher capacity batteries, but it looks like they are gone. Tried multiple zip codes and nothing. Out of stock online and email info said the kit was not currently a production item, and is unclear if it will become available again or not. The drill/impact/radio kit has the 1.5ah batteries. May have to go that router.
          The write up on the 4.0 ah li battery shows it is backwards compatible to all 18 volt Rigid tools. I have the R84015 X2 drill that still works great. Anyone know from real world experience that the new li batteries so work on the old drills? If so, I could get just the impact, maybe even the 1/2" model, with new batteries and use the old drill. Thanks for any help with this question you can offer. Jim.
          As of yesterday my local Home Depots still had the combo kits, zip 55337

Comment

Can I use my old nicad charger for them new hyper lithium batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Can I use my old nicad charger for them new hyper lithium batteries?
              No, you old stubborn coot.... lol :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                No, you old stubborn coot.... lol :-P
                I couldn't help myself! If I ever see a 4.0 hyperlithium and charger at the same time at my local H/D I think I'll buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I couldn't help myself! If I ever see a 4.0 hyperlithium and charger at the same time at my local H/D I think I'll buy them.
                  Well, I'm just speculating, but my guess is that the reason the current hammer drill is on clearance is that its being replaced with a Brushless model with the 4.0 batteries.

Comment

Well, I'm just speculating, but my guess is that the reason the current hammer drill is on clearance is that its being replaced with a Brushless model with the 4.0 batteries.

i was thinking that too but rep says brushless long way off. But he didnt know about the patent filing for x6 so he prob doesnt know much, or sworn to secrecy.

Comment

Considering I asked about jackets last week and the rep had nothing to say and then they show up this week, I'd say they either keep tight lip or they tell their reps little to nothing about new stuff

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                      i was thinking that too but rep says brushless long way off. But he didnt know about the patent filing for x6 so he prob doesnt know much, or sworn to secrecy.

Comment

I have Ridgid cordless tools from the first kit they offered to current models, they are all the same!
                        Thanks Alphacowboy!!! I appreciate the info.
                        At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X