X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 12 gal wet/dry vacuum

I have a 12 gallon Ridgid wet/dry vac [2 yrs old?] that has ceased to 'suck'. Have emptied unit, cleaned filter, - motor makes 'appropriate' noise, but neither 'vacuum' nor 'blower' seem to respond. Have also checked the small PVC cylinder in the stalk [part of 'upside down' unit termination?], but it seems to slide O.K.

QUESTION: Is there some other thing that I've missed, or a simple way to determine whether my vacuum has 'died'? T.I.A.

Rod

Sounds like you have a blockage in the hose.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,

One normally would chuckle at such a 'seemingly' simple solution as that would be the first thing one would check - and I did. However, upon reflection [and your comment] I went back to re-check the hose. Your approach was correct. What I had previously missed was that I had sucked in both water and sawdust. The cellulous[sp?] in the sawdust apparently, with added water, had acted as a sort of 'glue' to the incoming addtional sawdust and slowly, over time, a 'glued' build-up of sawdust had occurred in the hose. Just knocking the hose against the ground did not dislodge the now-cemented sawdust. And, not seeing anything come out I just assumed that the hose was clear. After banging the living s**t out of the hose I was finally able to dislodge the caked dust. So . . .

Once again we see that the simple approaches are often the best starting place. Many thanks for reminding me of same.

Rod.

Comment

Working...
      X