X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combo 4- pac //

I PURCHASED THE COMBO 4 PAC IN TIME FOR THE LIFETIME WARRANTY,(12/22/2003) HAD TO REPLACE IT AFTER MY HAMMER DRILL WENT BAD ,SO HD REPLACED THE WHOLE SET, THEY GAVE ME IN STORE CREDIT,AND THE RECEIPT WAS THEN DATED 07/06/2004. TODAY I WAS USING MY HMMR/DRLLN AGAIN AND IT JUST DIED ON ME, WORKING OUTSIDE,I DIDNT SMELL ANYTHING SO I PROCEEDED TO PUT ANOTHER PAC IN,AND THATS WHEN I BECAME VERY AWARE OF THE DRILL BURNING,MIND YOU IT WASNT A HEAVY LOAD I PUT ON IT, BUT IT BURNED OUT 2 BATTERIES, AND SMOKED MY DRILL.I SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH MAKITA (HAD ONE FOR 10 YEARS WITH ALL KINDS OF ABUSE TO IT ,NEVER HAD A PROBLEM) THOUGHT I COULD TRUST THE RIDGID NAME I KNEW SO WELL./ I DO CONTRACTING WORK AND I CANT AFFORD TO HAVE MY TOOLS HOLD ME BACK, FROM DOING MY JOB."HILTI-MAKITA-BOSCH"HERE I COME.

I'll tell you, I sure am glad I got the good set! I sure feel sorry for you, friend you should have bought your tools here In MICHIGAN We aint had a proulbum yet.

Be safe out there folks.

Bob B.

[ 04-16-2005, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Be safe out there folks
    Bob B
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

I aso bought my 3pc combo in 12/03 smoked 1 battery
      and had the switch in the drill replaced already. Now the drill started to smoke and both batteries are fried . My DEWALT lasted 7 years then got handed down to my brother when the ridged replaced it and is still running today.
      I'll keep the ridged when they get it fixed IN A FEW WEEKS But I'm going to buy a dewalt NOW
      jack of all trades <br /> master of none

Comment

Lowe’s has their 4 piece DeWalt combination sets on clearance for $329 in this part of the country.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
        X