X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 table height

Hello all! I need to build an outflow table for this saw and was wondering what the table height is. Strange that it's not in the owners manual, or on the website under any of the specs that I could find. I already have the material, and thought I'd get started on it. But won't have the saw until next week. Also, is it as hard to assemble as it looks like it is?

Can't give an exact height because it depends on how you adjust the leg levelers, this could vary the height I would guess as much as an inch. So if you plan to build a outfeed table that is stand-alone (not connected to the saw) then you should probabl wait until you have completed assembly and can measure your saws height.

If you read through the assembly instructions cover to cover once before starting, then do a search here on the forum for any tips/feedback that others have contributed after putting their saw together, and then unpack, get familiar with the various pieces/parts, and then begin assembly you should have no problem. If this is a little more involved of an assembly than you have tackled in the past, take it slow and double check your work. There is no reason to rush through assembly and try to get in the Guiness Book od Records for the fastest assembly time for the TS-3650

If you have problems or questions stop back in here to the forum where there are plenty of knowledgable people willing to help.

Comment

"There is no reason to rush through assembly and try to get in the Guiness Book od Records for the fastest assembly time for the TS-3650 "

LOL! (agreed!)

Thanks for the reply/info Bob. After reading your response, I'm just going to wait until I have the saw assembled and then take it from there. The outfeed table will be stand alone, @96" x 48", with a bottom shelf for storage of some of my longer pieces of scrap, moulding, ect., that are standing in a corner and stacked on the floor at the moment.

This is the first time I've ever set up a shop, (or bought a table saw for that matter) and have been doing everything up to now with a skil saw, jig saw, drill, router, ect. I made a deal with myself that if I quit smoking, I would "reward" myself, and finally set up a shop. Maybe it's the withdrawl, but I'm having visions of a band saw, and a drill press in my not-to-distant-future. I'll be visiting here often

Thanks again!

Comment

Double thumbs up on the quiting smoking thing. The $$ you'll save on not having to buy the cancer sticks will get you that BS and DP in no time. I quit 6 years ago when a pack was selling for about $2, whats a pack go for today $3 - $3ΒΌ?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hi B.D.

Well, I was buying them by the carton as I pretty much had a two pack a day habit, and the last carton I bought was right at $27.00, about a month and a half ago.

At that rate, all those shop goodies I want to get shoulden't take long at all to pay for! It's been hell too, so I'm using the tool purchases as motivation. I've already cranked out a new (large, beefy)work bench, some speaker stands for the surrounds, and some shelving units for one of my kids (trying to keep the `ol hands busy, and my mind on somthing else)That's why I'm ready to jump on this outfeed table. Any opinions on Delta table saws?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoitan5:
            ..........Any opinions on Delta table saws?
            Well, Delta makes mostly excellent product but some of their "consumer grade" stuff is not so good.

If you're asking me what I think about the Ridgid contractor saw vs. the Delta contractor saw I'd have to say both are excellent values. However, dollar for dollar the Ridgid gets my nod when it comes to basic standard features. For $550-$600 you get more standard features with the Ridgid than you do with a Delta. A Delta can be tricked out with accessories to be equal to or surpass the Ridgid in features but you do pay for it at the checkout counter.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Congrats on the smoking. Funny thats exactly what I did for motovation when I quit Nov. 11 2003. I went out and spent $1200 on tools, less than 6 months worth of smoke up here at a pack a day. No kidding, here in Ontario a 25 pack goes for $8 - $9.25 (wife still smokes), Carton at Costco is 61.46

Comment

Ok, I wasn't really aware of the "add-on" issue with Delta. That's why I'm asking the experts and doing my homework I'll be going with the Ridgid then, as I really want it to be good to go out of the box without having to pad the price any more than I have to. Thanks for getting me off the fence on the issue. It's been driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks:
                  here in Ontario a 25 pack goes for $8 - $9.25 (wife still smokes), Carton at Costco is 61.46
                  Good grief!!!

How much is petrol up your way?

Comment

Working...
                  X