X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V X2 Drill R82015 - Clacking noise

Several of us from another forum have bought these drills on sale at HD for 69 bucks. A great deal!
    However, many are reporting a loud clacking noise when releasing the trigger. Not being familiar with this drill, we would like to know if this is a normal operating sound or is this not right. Anyone?

Yes, the noise is normal. It is more noticable in 2nd gear than in first.

Check your chuck for wobble ...

dp

Comment

... if you do a search on this forum regarding cordless drills you'll find several postings on the "clacking noise" you describe ...

Comment

Just about every battery operated drill has this....its the chuck slapping from the electric brake....no big deal....I've owned many drills that have that same sound...

Comment

I had a DeWalt XRP that did the same thing. I called their Tech support and they told me it was the spindle lock engaging and it was normal. This is what holds the spindle so you can tighten or loosen the chuck.

Comment

Buy a Milwaulkee which does not do that before TTI screws up their lineup. I have many Milwaulkee cordless and the LocTor drills are excellent, for now at least.

Comment

Working...
            X