X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Base for JP0610

I am waiting for HD to get in another JP0610 (store sold out). I have a very small shop in the back of a garage. Ridgid has a nice mobile tool base for about $89. The box does not list the jointer as a tool this will work for. Does anyone know if it will work on the jointer? If not does anyone have a link to make a good mobile base?

Thank you
    Jon

Coastiejon,

About three weeks ago, I purchased the JP0610 and the hercu-lift mobile base for this very reason. Building custom furniture and cabinets out of the garage can be a challenge. At this point, I have not been able to successfully mount the hercu-lift mobile base on the JP0610.

Utilize the "search engine" and you will find that there are a couple of posts which individuals have referenced mobile bases they have purchased for their JP0610. I believe it was Woody which manufactured his (which shows pictures).

IMHO, I think the reason they don't show the JP0610 as a tool to use with the hercu-lift base is because of the weight -vs- narrow base. The JP0610 would be very top-heavy when moving around (wish I would have thought about that before purchasing the hercu-lift base).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Coastiejon,

About three weeks ago, I purchased the JP0610 and the hercu-lift mobile base for this very reason. Building custom furniture and cabinets out of the garage can be a challenge. At this point, I have not been able to successfully mount the hercu-lift mobile base on the JP0610.

Utilize the "search engine" and you will find that there are a couple of posts which individuals have referenced mobile bases they have purchased for their JP0610. I believe it was Woody which manufactured his (which shows pictures).

IMHO, I think the reason they don't show the JP0610 as a tool to use with the hercu-lift base is because of the weight -vs- narrow base. The JP0610 would be very top-heavy when moving around (wish I would have thought about that before purchasing the hercu-lift base).

Hope this helps.

Comment

The Herc-U-Lift Plus does not fit on the JP0610.

Comment

There are two options that have been on this forum:
          1. Use a piece of plywood with caster and bolt jointer to it.
          2. Woody has designed and built a great base. it involves some welding. I suugest Woody's. Do a search for a jointer base.
          Steve

Comment

I put a new herculift onto my TS & put the old style caster set-up onto the jointer. It's on kinda sideways with the lifter lever in front. I adjusted the caster so that the tilt when "on-wheel" is minimized...but I still make real sure that the floor is clear & that I have both hands on the unit because it would tip real easy...but it works & I haven't found an excuse to buy a welder yet...

HDAN

Comment

As mentioned, Woody's design is very nice. Didn't work out for me though because I don't have a welder nor the angle iron to make it. What I did instead was but the HF type with teh two wheels in back and the single caster in front that raises and lowers. I picked mine up at Rockler (they're all pretty much the same) for pretty cheap and used scraps of red oak for the rails. So far, I've been able to move it all over the garage and haven't had a problem yet with the unit wanting to tilt. -and I don't even have it bolted to the base.

Comment

Working...
              X