R1000 angle grinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1000 angle grinder

Greetings everyone! I'm new here...have been reading for about a week now, just joined today. So far, I'm excited about the information exchange, both good and bad experiences.
    I have done a search on angle grinders, and the R1000 specifically, but haven't come up with any info. Is there something I have missed? If anyone has any experiences with this item, I would appreciate hearing from you. I was using a cheap one yesterday sanding some rough wood on the eaves. Glad one of the dogs wasn't underneath the ladder when it caught fire and got tossed to the ground [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks for your help.
    Jim.
    At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Awesome tool. Bought it to strip some rust from the frame of my truck. That motor doesn't bog down much at all compared to some others. I do like MW's switch having it on the bottom. But besides that the ridgid is just as good or better. Makita makes a good one but dewalts grinders are under powered compared to Ridgid MW and makita. Haven't used any others besides those four. Hope this helped

Comment

Awesome tool. Bought it to strip some rust from the frame of my truck. That motor doesn't bog down much at all compared to some others. I do like MW's switch having it on the bottom. But besides that the ridgid is just as good or better. Makita makes a good one but dewalts grinders are under powered compared to Ridgid MW and makita. Haven't used any others besides those four. Hope this helped

Comment

I'm seriously considering buying one of ridgids angle grinders. I have used Makita, dewalt, bosch, Metabo, and some no name brand angle grinders. my two favorites being bosch and Metabo. I use my grinders with diamond blades for cutting tile, concrete, brick and other masonry materials. I think next time I'm in home depot I'll ask to plug the Ridgid in and feal it purring in my hand and that is when I'll know if its going to be my new angle grinder.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the replies. No negative ones at all! I have a short list of 3 new Ridgid items I need to get ... The R1000, the DP1550, andthe R84015. Now let's see if I can get them to deal on them!!!
          Thanks again for the info!
          At the least I'm Pentatoxic...most likely I'm a Pentaholic. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3.

Comment

thank metabo for the grinder. for which it is all metabo. metabo is the king of the grinders when it comes to power and durabillity.

Comment

Working...
            X