Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Press Question

Hey All !!

Please, what is THE brand for drill presses available for metal work? PRECISION & ACCURACY. Any help? Thanks in advance [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Ari

Come on guys !! THE brand was Rockwell. And now? What Drill press is compared to a Rockwell today, if any?

Thanks

Ari

Comment

Any brand made in China, oh wait, they're all made in China. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

If you plan to do alot of heavy gauge metal work, you might want consider a small vertical mill instead. I do lots of metal work and as far as I'm concerned, there are no good drill presses out there unless you step up to factory grade stuff...which costs more than a small milling machine. If you go this route, you can perform exacting drill operations and you get the flexibility to do other operations as well.

Comment

Jeeeez Dave... My case is not better.... Is made here...

EDIT: I'm not being fare. We have good machines here. Just a joke...

Best from

Ari

[ 04-20-2004, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Ari ]

Comment

Hey Outrage26 !!! Thanks for your time !!

You are wright !! That's a REAL solution. I'll go this way. I have a "medium" quality drill but the small vertical mill will solve every thing for me. Is there any brand you suggest for a budget of about US 800?

Thanks for your help!

Ari

[ 04-20-2004, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Ari ]

Comment

In that price range I think you will find that Harbour Freight is one of few options.
              Check out this page
              Metal Working Machines
              $1199

$999

$799

Comment

Ari,
                If you don't need too big of a machine, www.grizzly.com has 3 in your price range.
                model G8689: $495
                model G0517: $495
                model G1005Z: $895
                shipping NOT included
                I have 4 Grizzly machines and they are great!
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Guys !!! Outrage 26 is right and you Wbrooks and Lorax are confirming it. This machines are a dream!! Heaven !!!

Definitely I will go in this direction.

Best and many thanks.

Ari

Comment

Dear Wbrooks !

This 3-IN-1 METALWORKING MULTIPURPOSE MACHINE WITH MICRO FEED is awesome !! I loved it.

It's only a mather of day$ I will buy one for me ( about 5000 to 7000 day$...)

The small ones are very nice and that's what I need now. It's nice to know that the big ones exists. Who knows... never say never...

Many thanks

Ari

Comment

Dear Lorax !!

The stuff at Grizzly is very nice too and they are in my price range.

Did you notice that the president of the company makes guitars him self? Funny hum? That's very nice: We buy machines, they make the money, he has the time for making his lovely guitars and makes money again with then.... That's life !!!

Thanks for you kindness Lorax.

Best from

Ari

Comment

Working...
                      X