Ridgid Planer Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Planer Problem

I am having a feed problem on my Ridgid TP1300 planer. I recently ran 300' of 4/4 Oak through my planer. The last board or two that I sent through the planer would not grip/feed through the machine. I dusted the machine and wiped the rollers down with a dry cloth, but this did not solve my problem. I was removing about 1/32" to 3/64" of an inch with each pass - definitely not overloading the machine by any means. What kind of chemical can I clean the rollers with to solve the feed problem or is there possibly something else wrong?

Clean and wax the infeed and outfeed tables. One of the posts here say that and the rollers are the number one item. It must be true 'cause I haven't had any problems. Rick

Comment

I remembered a post dealing with this from the previous moderator here posted quite some time ago. His name was Jake. As yet, I have not needed to follow his advice as my planer is 'keepin on' 'goin on'.

Check it out:

"1300 planer rollers"

Good luck.

John

Comment

I had the same problem until i waxed the infeed and outfeed tables. Seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Comment

Working...
        X