Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
can the ts3650 10" table saw fence be changed to an after market fence? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the ts3650 10" table saw fence be changed to an after market fence?

Hello all! I am very interested in the ts3650 10" table saw. However I would like to change the fence somewhere down the road to a much higher quality after market brand such as a shop fox.

My questions is, can this be done, or is it a one of a kind setup only for ridgid?

Thanks very much
    TraxRyu

It can be done and some here have already done it. You may have to drill a hole or two in the wings and top but thats not really a problem.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have a 3612 and just installed a Biesemeyer fence. All new holes had to be drilled with the homeshop version, but it only took about a day do do everything.

Comment

My TS 3650 fence is square to the blade and to the table top, all along its travel. It has slots to attach fixtures easily. The markings on the rail are easy to read and dead on the money. Will an expensive new fence really do more than this and make that large a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by rifle:
          Will an expensive new fence really do more than this and make that large a difference?
          So far, I've been very satisfied with the performance of the stock fence and rail system. Others of course, will have different opinions. Until the stock fence system ceases to be efficient for the projects I choose to make, I see no reason to replace it.

Comment

As far as the Shop Fox fence being a quality fence, it may not be that great. It ranked low in a wood or popular woodworking test. Bisemeyer is about the best fence there is. Im just gonna keep my stock fence, i like it fine. Good luck whichever you choose, though.

Comment

It's certainly not an economical proposition to buy a saw, with the idea of later changing out the fense. In '89, I was delighted buying an Emerson-built Craftsman table saw----that is, until I used the fence, which never stayed in alignment-----to get a Biesemeyer Home Shop cost nearly as much as the saw.

If you want a T-Square type fence (Biesemeyer or clone), you're much better off buying a saw equipped with the fence. The 3650, at $600 and the fence at around $300 obviously take you into the price range of high-end contractors' saws, or, you can save even more with the General, which comes with a Biesemeyer look-alike, for $650 to $750, depending on the sized of the extension table/fence rails.
              Dave

Comment

This is off the topic butmaybe someone has experiences a similar issue.

I have a TS3650 that i use a stackable dato head on. Each ime I install and remove it the nut that retains the blade becomes more difficult to move. I have to use a wrench to spin the nut on or off.

Any ideas?

Thanks PLS

Comment

Take a close look at the threads on the arbor. You may have cross threaded them.

Comment

Working...
                  X