Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancake compressor question

Actually this is a two part question.
    I bought a porter cable 18gague brad nailer and pancake compressor. I fired it up and it works perfectly. It is a little over a year old and the gun looks hardly used. The compressor is in very good shape as well. At least I think it is. The instructions say after each use to depressurize and to open the valve on the underside to drain the moisture. It is coming out black. Is this ok or is this a sign that it was not emptied after every use? If this is a problem how do i fix it?

And the 2nd question (topic). The manual is very unclear. what is the longest hose one can run from this compressor to keep it within its duty cycle and still drive the brads effectively?

thanks all
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

It has been my experience that they use teflon rings on the pistons of oil less compressors. This teflon produces a black powder that mixes with the moisture and can produce a black mess. At work we had some of these oil free compressors feeding air actuators that were controlled by valve bodies. This black stuff turns to goo in the valves and eventually causes problems. The solution was to put 1 micron filters on all the compressors. I have one on mine as I was also told that the teflon can gum up any air tool.
    As for the hose since an air gun does not require continuous air flow to operate you can make the hose as long as you like and it will work like you have a larger tank. Length of hose only comes into play with tools that use a continuous air flow to operate like ratchets, sanders etc

Comment

WB

thanks much

Ed
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
      X