shop vac lifetime warranty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop vac lifetime warranty?

Anyone had to use this yet? Get any problem at the local HD? I have had mine about 3 years and the motor just started throwing sparks and died.

Should last more than 3 years right?
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

You'll have to call Ridgid CS and see where the nearest service center is and take it to them. If you have not registered it do it now then take it in. LOL
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I always just take them back in my store. We get 100% credit on the vacs. So I just give the customer a new one and let them go.

[ 06-25-2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Cuj0HD ]
      Jeff

Comment

Yeah i registered it.

I was just looking at the parts list and prices, the motor alone costs close to an entire unit!

Comment

Over the years, have found shop vacs loose overall efficiency, with age, no matter what you do. Hey, if they'll fix it for free---great or I'd be inclined to try and see if the store would give you a new one first----better than waiting for a repair. But, Ridgid or not----the only vac I'd put any money into would be something expensive like a Fein-----they're just too disposable and prices too low to spend money on repairs.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
            Over the years, have found shop vacs loose overall efficiency, with age, no matter what you do.
            That applies to a lot more than shop vacs, knowhutimeanvern?

[ 06-26-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Yeah i pulled up the parts list for the shop vac and the motor is over 50 bucks. Granted the motor is the majority of the vaccuum, but hell, for that money, if they don't replace it, i'll just buy a new one.

Comment

Lorax---you mean a shop vac gets memeory loss????

Space'---yeah---you'll be a lot happier with a new one if the motor's fried.
                Dave

Comment

Well I took my shop vac down to my local HD and they sent me packing. Told me to contact ridgid for instructions. Was not able to do that obviously as of yet because of the holiday, will be doing it tomorrow.

Will let all know the outcome and if I have any problems.

Comment

Well Finally got the situation fixed. Ideally what should happen is that you take your vac back and talk to the "RTV" Associate and they streamline the process. My case, the RTV assoc was not in so the customer service return folks called the mgr who was too lazy to come up and take a look see. The only problem I encountered was the dumb a-- who could not accept the fact that the 12 gallon 4.25 peak was replaced with a 12 gallon 5.0 amp peak vac. Took 25 minutes to sort that out, but they sent me on my way with a new vac.

Comment

Space,

Great news on getting your Vac replaced. Obviously due to some persistance on your part, so congratulations. Big question is...What the heck is an "RTV" Associate?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

CWS

Comment

RTV= RETURN TO VENDOR.
                        RICK.

Comment

Space,
                          Sorry to hear you had such a hard timewith the vac. It really pisses me off to hear of HD people not taking care of the customer just because they don't know what the proper policy is.
                          Jeff

Comment

You must get PO'd an awful lot. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                            Lorax
                            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                            X