X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vac bags important?

You bet! I think vac bags should be an option for every wet/dry vacuum. Why?

Have you ever cleaned a filter? How about indoors--how easy was that? (When people are staining trim, painting or the home is finished and super-clean. Do you really want to vacuum up again what you just dumped out?)

How easy are filters to clean outside? (When it's raining or the wind is blowing fiercely?)

How many times have you gone to dump the bucket only to have the dust fly up in your face and into your clothes? (One word: Nasty.)

Has the filter ever come as clean as you think it should? Do you replace it more often than you want to? What's that? You don't want to spend $30+ on a GORE-coated filter? Me either. Give me bags! Bags or death! Kidding.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Finned filters clog, and are one of the nastiest, hardest things there is to clean. I have 3 Ridgid w/d vacs and I buy Genie paper bags and put over the filters on all of them. Since I have done this I have not replaced a filter in any of them. Cleaning is a simple blast of compressed air. The bags are $2 for 3. ALLOT cheaper than the $15 cheapest filters for the Ridgid's. They also help filter out the finer dust so it doesnt work it's way through the filter and back into the breathing air.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
    X