Old VS. New

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old VS. New

I was in the HD yesterday & I noticed that there is a "New" BS1400 with the orange colors. This HD also had 5 of the "Old" BS1400 grey models. The "Tool Manager"??? was unaware of the motor changes & couldn't give any reason other than new color for the differences. The Old grey BS1400 was going for $349.00, and the New orange one was $379.00..... What's the REAL DEAL!!! The old box is clearly labled with an emerson motor, the new one claims nothing beyond the TEFC specs.

So...the dilemma... I've been considering a bandsaw but haven't been really impressed with the benchtop versions which I'm afraid I'd outgrow. Are the differences between the old & new enough to justify grabbing ahold of one of the old models before they're gone, or are they truly enough alike to just wait until there isn't as much holiday expense in the budget.

As always, the helpful assistance of those who posses the knowledge I lack is appreciated

Originally posted by ChefHDAN:
    I was in the HD yesterday & I noticed that there is a "New" BS1400 with the orange colors. This HD also had 5 of the "Old" BS1400 grey models. The "Tool Manager"??? was unaware of the motor changes & couldn't give any reason other than new color for the differences. The Old grey BS1400 was going for $349.00, and the New orange one was $379.00..... What's the REAL DEAL!!! The old box is clearly labled with an emerson motor, the new one claims nothing beyond the TEFC specs.

So...the dilemma... I've been considering a bandsaw but haven't been really impressed with the benchtop versions which I'm afraid I'd outgrow. Are the differences between the old & new enough to justify grabbing ahold of one of the old models before they're gone, or are they truly enough alike to just wait until there isn't as much holiday expense in the budget.

As always, the helpful assistance of those who posses the knowledge I lack is appreciated
    Aaaaah - decision now easier money wise - 20% off today thru Sunday on all the power tools....go get one
    Some say get the old due to loving an emerson - if they both there I might lean that way too....20%. Hit it
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

I would buy the Grizzly G0555 I think the number is! The price is better, getting very good reviews and you get the fence and square with it, you have to buy those extra with ridgid and are expensive! I have the ridgid andlike it, but wouldn't have minded saving almost 200.00!!
      \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

I bought my BS14001(read old model) for $300 two month ago. If you could get them to come down to that and get the 20% off, then you would be cooking.

Comment

Working...
        X