Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General purpose Circular Saw

Hey all! I'm new here.

I have a Bosch 7.25 circ. saw. I'm looking for good blades for wood, aluminum and steel piping. Can you help ?. What are the best blades?

Best

Ari

Never heard of anyone trying to cut steel pipe with a CS but there's a first time for everything I guess. I would advise against it though.

As far as wood goes, what type of cut are you looking for? Do you want a rough cut or a baby smooth cut?

One final question, I always thought that Brasilia was the capital of Brazil not Brasil. Do they spell the name of the country differently there?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Hey Dave !

Thanks for your reply.

a) I made this question because Ridgid has a CS for steel, cooper and aluminum. I was wondering if I could use it for wood also.

Link in Portuguese

b) About Brazil and Brasil , sorry about that. Here we spell Brasil. Internationally it is Brazil. So, BrasÃ*lia is the capital of Brazil, indeed. Don't worry...

Once again thank you for you kind help Dave.

Best

Ari

[ 04-10-2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Ari ]

Comment

Hey Ari!

Sorry for not mentioning this in my first post but welcome to the forum. I try and learn something new everyday and the spelling lesson on the spelling of Brasil/Brazil takes care of that requirement for today and it isn't even noon yet.

About your question on saw blades, Freud Blades would be one place to look for blades that would meet your needs. Another would be CMT Blades . I don't know about Freud but CMT does have distribution in South America.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

You didn't mention what type of wood you'll be cutting. I use Frueds 40 tooth blade for plywood and it is great. If you're going to be cutting lots of different things then a good combo blade is the way to go. Take a look at www.forrestblades.com . Their WWII 10" blade owns every magazine comparison and I'm betting the CS one would too.

The people at that website are great and would probably be willing to send one internationally. If they won't send me the cash, I'll order one and send it to ya

Comment

Hey Dave!

Thanks for the links and attention. About Brazil, that's why I love places like this forum. It give us the opportunity for learning much more than tools stuff and, I'm always happy when I have the opportunity to talk about any thing beyond my *nose*. That's the special part of the WWW, World Wide Web !!!

Comment

Hey Marcus !

Thanks for your kind reply. About wood, I'm more on steel work but I some times cut plywood.

About the delivery to Brazil, I thank you sooo much. I have a daughter which leaves in Stamford CT and she does send my "toys" when needed...

Best for all and have all a Happy Easter !!

Ari

Comment

Working...
              X