X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aligning Rails on 3650 - HELP!

Just picked up a 3650 this weekend and I'm having fits trying to get the front and rear rails setup so the fence is low enough. The problem is that I can't get the front rail lower than about twice what the manual calls for. The manual says to use 8 manual pages as a guage. The lowest I can get it is at least twice that. When the front rail is that far up aligning the back rail so that the fence is level brings the back rail up high enough that it blocks the back side of the miter slots.

This isn't the first post re: this issue in the discussion areas. I've emailed one of the guys having this issue and he said he wiggled the front rail from side to side while pushing down and was able to get it low enough. I've done a lot of that and can't get it any lower.

I'm considering knocking the threads off the head end of the bolts to see if that will allow it to drop down far enough. Seems like that would help but I'm leary of doing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had the same problem with my 3650. I pushed the front rail as low as it would and set the rear rail to be even with the bottom of the miter slot. This left my fence higher then the manual called for, but has caused no problems. I think the problem is with the holes in the extension tables. I was also thinking you could drill the mounting holes to the next larger size and that would let the rails move down. I would put flat washer under the nuts if I drilled the holes out.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I had considered doing what you have done but having the fence not be parallel to the table bugs me. Not sure why but it does. I'll probably end up doing it that way though.

Comment

Working...
      X