connect wd4050 vac to r2600 sander?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connect wd4050 vac to r2600 sander?

Wanting to connect wet dry vacuum wd4050 to my orbital sander which supposedly has onboard vac adapter.
    Vac has 1 7/8" hose, sander has something closer to 1 5/16".

Strange that two ridgid tools don't have compatible vacuum hose sizes. Is there an adapter available?

Currently using duct tape which isn't great.

In the plumbing department of most hardware and big box stores you should be able to find rubber/neoprene flexible couplings. Basically, they're just flexible pieces of rubber with a hose clamp on each end. Look for one of the reducing types that is made to fit 2" PVC on one end and and 1½" PVC on the other. Attach the 2" end to your vac hose and the 1½" end to your sanders dust port, tighten the clamps and you're ready to go.

[ 04-08-2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: badgerdave ]
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

The 2600 only has the ability to accept the small standard hose which is 1 1/4 " the 2610 will accept both 1 1/4 and 2 1/4 standard sizes.
      You can get a small diameter hose with a 2 1/4 end to fit the large vacuums, this may be less restrictive than the 2 1/4" hose while sanding.
      BD need to stop taking work calls so I can get my post in before yours [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-08-2005, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Actually the R2600 and R2500 will accept both the standard 1-1/4 and 2-1/4 inch hoses. The latter is a little on the bulky side though. Ridgid has a 5-piece "Multi-Purpose Detail Kit" which consists of an 11 ft-long 1-1/4 inch hose, crevice tool, car nozzle, dusting brush, and hose coupling. The hose is very flexible. The kit number is VT2524 and, as I recall, sells for less than $20.

CWS

[ 04-12-2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

Badger Dave is correct. I recently purchased the Dryvac and then wanted to hook it up to my sander and found the standard adapter at HD doesn't fit the new vac. The rubber reducer works excellent about $3 at HD if I remember correctly. I'm hoping Ridgid will come out with an adapter that fits correctly. Perhaps they have something on the parts site (I haven't checked). Somebody wasn't thinking when they changed the hose size. Sure is a nice vac though!

Comment

Working...
            X