X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 assembly, need help

Hello all, new to this forum, name is Glen. Thank you in advance for help.

I seem to have a problem with proper clearance of rip fence to table top. On page 33 it says to have an 8 page gap (.028"). I am unable to get this close because the front guide bar at it's lowest point is too high. I can get 19 pages in (.070").

I have tried installing the guide bar w/2 bolts at various points with same result. The table top is flat and so is the front edge. The measurment was taken as close as possible to the front guide bar. As a last resort, I could drill the bolt holes a little larger on table top and wings.

Am I trying to be _to_ accurate?

Glen,
    Welcome to the forum. [img]smile.gif[/img] Other people have reported this "problem" also. As long as the wings are flush, square, and level with the table and the fence slides and locks properly, and the fence is parallel to the blade and perpendicular to the table, I don't see this being a problem. If you ever want to rip something thinner than .070" you can always use an aux fence. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I drilled the holes in the top and wings a few sizes over and all is well.

This thing was a hassle to assemble. As long as it stays true, it should be worth it.

Lorax, thanks for the reply.

Glen

Comment

Working...
      X