Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-INCH RADIAL SAW CRAFTSMAN Mod#113.23100

Radial saw craftsman Mod#113.23100
    My Father in-law left this saw to me but it has no owners manual, can you help?
    Also the saw motor (Arm)won't raise as high as it should, Cranked at the highest point the blade clears the original fiber deck
    at 1 3/4" above it. I'm sure that's not right. Any suggestions would be great.
    Thank You

Hi,

First thing I would do is visit the radial arm saw recall website if the RAS has not already been upgraded to the new guard. Goto http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/ and enter the model and serial number. If the saw qualifies you should in about 2 weeks receive a big box with the new guard, new brackets, and a new 1" MDF table top (all 3 pieces). I believe that if you tell them you need the original owners manual for the saw they will supply that too. You will need to perform the steps in the original manual to align and setup the saw after installing the retro-fit guard kit.

I don't know off hand how far the blade can be reaised above the table, but I think it is more than 1.75", I woul dhave to check mine, my RAS is a model 113.199200 .

Never mind checking the recall site, I just went there are entered your model number and it says NO KIT AVAILABLE, this means you don't need to upgrade your guard.

[ 05-29-2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

go to www.sears.com select parts and enter your models number. you can then order the owners manual

Comment

Thanks Guys
        I have ordered the Manual from Sears.
        rdon

Comment

Re: 10-INCH RADIAL SAW CRAFTSMAN Mod#113.23100

God I hate to bring back REALLY old posts but I was searching for a price for one of these things and this came up on a Google search result. The saw is nearly unused. I just want to see how much it may be worth. I don't have a manual for it I don't think. And I am thinking that the new guard is not on it from the recalls I have heard. It is not mine. We have an 86 year old neighbor who moved in with us to our new house and he had one of these saws. there is not a scratch on it except for he etched his name and the year 1986 on the top beam of it. Just want to find out what this thing is worth. thanks for reading and God bless. the model number is what Bob d has.

Comment

Originally posted by tscholten View Post
            God I hate to bring back REALLY old posts but I was searching for a price for one of these things and this came up on a Google search result. The saw is nearly unused. I just want to see how much it may be worth. I don't have a manual for it I don't think. And I am thinking that the new guard is not on it from the recalls I have heard. It is not mine. We have an 86 year old neighbor who moved in with us to our new house and he had one of these saws. there is not a scratch on it except for he etched his name and the year 1986 on the top beam of it. Just want to find out what this thing is worth. thanks for reading and God bless. the model number is what Bob d has.
            Simple answer is that it is worth what the market will bring. Twenty three years old in great shape or not, that is something to consider. How will you advertise the saw? Ads are not cheap in the newspapers. I think if you really want to see it go, price it $25 or so above your lowest sell point. Maybe $150 and come down $25 if someone shows interest. I have a Mark V ShopSmith about that old and in good shape. Original owner probably spent around $1000today I'd be lucky to get $200. I wish you luck, just consider the age of the tool and the risk folks will be taking if it has a problem.

Comment

Considering that a new Craftsman RAS is close to $700, and really have not changed too much (not counting the much improved guard and safety features), and the age of the RAS, I have to agree with Frankiarmz on its current valve (sight unseen though). But I know for mine I would not pay more than $150 or 175 for it even with the upgraded guard installed.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for that. We just would like to be able to get a table saw. we are in no dire need to dispose of it we actually planned on putting it in a garage sale for around $200 or so. my dad was just seeing what we may get for it. thanks again guys!

Comment

Originally posted by tscholten View Post
                  Thanks for that. We just would like to be able to get a table saw. we are in no dire need to dispose of it we actually planned on putting it in a garage sale for around $200 or so. my dad was just seeing what we may get for it. thanks again guys!
                  Good idea and not a bad starting price. Remember you can always lower the price but you can't raise it!

Comment

225 is as high as we would start it at so that we can get talked down and still get something. Garage sales are bartering places so I hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X