warranty once again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty once again

well just found out milw. upped there warranty to5 yes 5 years. must of seen ridgid and craftsman comming.
    tooltech

The present Milwaukee warranty has an unlimited timespan. It is a Lifetime Warranty. That is changing to a 2 Year Warranty according to the documents circulated to their dealers and distributors. This is in-line with most quality manufacturers, who are now sourcing their products outside of the USA. Mexico in the case of Milwaukee.

So the new Warranty is worse for the customer, not better.

Where did you see 5 years??

David

Comment

the warranty is presently a 3 year warranty. i work for a milwk. warranty center among other manu. milw. does not have a lifetime warranty. so how can a 5 year warranty be worse off! we are informed by milw. i faxed dave a. when the 3 year warranty came out a coulpe of months ago now it has changed to five year.
      tooltech

Comment

This is the warranty that came with my Milwaukee 6390 circular saw purchased 03/29/01.

"Every Milwaukee tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving our manufacturing facilities. Shoud any trouble develop, return the complete tool prepaid to our Corporate Office, Branch Office/Service Center or nearest Authorized Milwaukee Service Station. If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, all repaires will be made without charge, and the tool will be returned, transportation prepaid. Battery packs for cordless tools are warranted for one year from the date of purchase.

This warranty does not apply where: (1) repairs or attempted repairs have been made by persons other than Milwaukee personnel or Authorized Service Station personnel; (2) repairs are required because of normal wear; (3) the tool has been abused or involved in an accident; (4) misuse is evident, such as caused by overloading the tool beyond its rated capacity; (5) the tool has been used after partial failure or (6) the tool has been used with an improper accessory. No other warranty, written or verbal, is authorized."

Reads like a lifetime warranty to me, except for normal wear problems, cordless batteries and abusing the tool.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP . since i repaIR TOOLS I HAVE TO TELL YOU 5 YEARS gives me the option to for ex. put a neww clutch in your coordless drill if i think it has not been abused. this is a win win for the customer. 1 year is what it means 2 year and ect.material and workmanship does not go baad that often. a chuck does. after 2years do you think you should get a new chuck on a 1 year warranty? ridges lifetime warranty on material and workmanship on a pipemachine means for ex. the alumanum housing how many times do you think one of them have gone bad not many. i cant warranty the motor if it burns up in three years but i can warranty the speed chuck if it cracks. idont want you to think i am cocky. ihave been working on tools for 11 years. if you have any ?s on any thing i will do my best to help you out. thanks.

Comment

dave if you want i can fax you once again the new milw. warranty. i have fixed a lot of tools and i have to say milwk. does make a good tool. tacking nothing away from ridgid they are the kings of threading machines and draincleaners. we will see if the new line of tools will be as good as the other already established mackers. thanks dave ,jon (tooltech)

Comment

jon,

Thanks for the offer but that won't be necessary. The point I was trying to get across was that the warranty that came with my CS doesn't have a time limit but it does have restrictions. RIDGID's Lifetime Warranty was much the same but too many people think it covered everything no matter how small the problem and it never did.

I agree with you that the chances of a manufacturing problem occuring with a tool after a number of years is unlikely. But, on the other hand it does happen on occasion. For those occasions when it does happen, both RIDGID's and Milwaukee's new warranties are not as good as their old ones.

Dave
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Jon,

I'd certainly like to recieve a copy of the New, New Milwaukee Warranty. I've seen the 2 year version that was due to cut in on October 1, and the Unlimited Time one is still present on their web site.

Please fax me the 5 year at 925 461 9573

Thanks
                David

[ 09-11-2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Cutbuff ]

Comment

Dave i hope you recieved the paper i sent you on friday. thanks john.

Comment

Jon,

Yes received the ammended Milwaukee Warranty, thanks a lot.

Looks like they had second thoughts over the 2 year one before introducing it on October 1, scrapped it, and replaced with the 5 years putting them now at the forefront of Warranty lifetimes. Although certain Jet tools now carry a new Lifetime Warranty that their just introducing...eveyones fighting for position.

David

Comment

Working...
                    X