X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 Motor Squeal?

I just purchased a ts2400 portable table saw and out of the box it seemed to run fine (no unusual noise).

After ripping four 24" long 2x4's the motor now has a squeal as the blade spins up to operating speed, it does the same thing as the blade spins down. Although during operating speed- no squeal. I've used a couple of different blades- same thing with each of them.

Have other experienced this? Something I can adjust to stop the noise? Is it defective and I should just return it a different one?

Thanks in Advance

themoz

Make sure the blade is still tight. Sound like a dumb answer but it has happened before

Comment

Motors don't usually squeal unless they've got a bad bearing, but belts often do. I suggest you check your belt tension.

[ 07-19-2005, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hey Guys:

Thanks for the leads on my squeal problem. BUT... the blade was tight (i've switched between a couple of different blades, making sure they where all tight after running the saw a bit- same squeal) and I may be missing something but this saw is a has a direct drive motor (no belt).

Would your next diagnosis be the motor bearings?

THANKS AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
        X