Serial Number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number

I started to fill out the registration card on my MS1290 I bought last week and I can't find the model and serial number anywhere on it.
    I also bought a BS1400 and the number plate is in plain view. Am I overlooking something obvious??? A number is on the box but it doesn't look long enough.
    Thanks
    Dan

Danl,
    You should be able to find your model & serial #'s stamped on a plate attached to the saw at the back of the miter saw base.From what I remember on my saw it wasn't underneath or anything like that. Happy hunting
    JJC

Comment

I still can't find a serial or model number on my saw.
      I need to send in the registration card.
      The serial number on the owners guide looks as though it is just a partial number, is this right?
      Thanks
      Dan

Comment

I'm not sure about the 1290. If memory serves me right, my 1060 plate was on the bottom side of the rotating table.

HINT: Most of the time the numbers/letters are stamped into the plate, and not real well. Use a carpenters pencil, lay the long side of the lead flat on the plate and rub quickly accross the area of the numbers. This will help reveil the lightly stamped information.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

My saw does not have a serial number or model plate on it. I went by HD on the way home from work last night and looked at their display, to verify where it should be.
          I asked the salesman what to do and he said to call Ridgid, I wouldn't be too concerned if it wasn't for the lifetime warranty. I sure don't want to have to convince someone five years from now that "my saw did not have a number". That coupled with the disappearing receipts would be a likely story. My saw is a ms1250lz not a ms1290 like I originally said.
          Dan

Comment

Dan,
            Sorry to hear that your serial # predicament hasn't been resolved, that's strange that the plate wasn't even there. I went out and looked at mine last night (ms12900) it was on the right side on the foot when you are standing behind the saw. I know that really doesn't help you out, sorry. Keep us posted.
            JJC

Comment

I would promptly return it and get a replacement. Without an ID tag that saw does not exist to Ridgid. And you will never be able to register it without a serial number.

Open the next box and check for an ID tag before you even put it on a cart. Chances are, a run of saws are missing the tag for one reason or another. (Called in sick, took pigs to market, whatever) Employee that tagged didn't show up, and production schedule HAD to be met.

Items are produced, packaged and shipped as they come off the line. Every saw that store has may not have a tag. Or it could be one that was missed while he/she ran to the pisser.

Point is, you need that SN! Also, you will want to retain the origanal receipt for the limited life time warrantee, or have a statement it was defective and it was replaced. By no means to you want a new receipt out of the date range for the warranty!
              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks
                I'm going to take it back this weekend. I hate to box it up and go to all the trouble, but I don't want to run into trouble later.
                I called Ridgid Customer service, and she didn't seem to believe there really wasn't a number plate on it. Then she said not to worry about it(easy for her to say). She said if it would make me feel better to exchange it for another one.
                Dan

Comment

Working...
                X