X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries die when connected to drill

I was useing my cordless 18 volt impact drill one day and was working fine but when stoped useing it for a couple of hours, I tried to use it again and wouldn't work so thinking the battery was dead i put my other one in and and nothing happened and yes the battery was charged cause i pulled it off the charger but when i went to put the other on on the charger nothing happened so i put the other one on and again nothing. any ideas cause iscared to go buy anther battery and nothing happens just had one replaced not even 2moths old when this happened

Double check your charger and make sure that it is plugged in.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Check the battery terminals with a dc volt meter first, to narrow down the problem. The fact that you came back to a drill that wouldn't work says either you have a short that discharged the battery or it's somehow lost connection to the motor. Do you remember dropping the drill? May not need to be dropped--just a flaw----but I'd sure check the battery power first. Any $5.00 volt meter will tell you what you want to know.
      Dave

Comment

check your batterys with a volt meter. if you have good volts you have a switch , or other problems.

Comment

I did the sames thing thurs. Was using the drill, it ran out of power so I switched batteries and now nothing happens. I put them back on hte charger and the fan doesn't even come on( solid red light) So I got my boss's drill and battery out. His battery was charged, it worked in his drill, then I put it in mine and nothing. I put it back in his and now nothing. So my drill has burned 3 batteries now that won't even charge anymore.

Comment

Something in your tool appears to have dead-shorted the battery, and probably killed it. I'd red-tag that tool until it has been repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by lawolf:
              I was useing my cordless 18 volt impact drill one day and was working fine but when stoped useing it for a couple of hours, I tried to use it again and wouldn't work so thinking the battery was dead i put my other one in and and nothing happened and yes the battery was charged cause i pulled it off the charger but when i went to put the other on on the charger nothing happened so i put the other one on and again nothing. any ideas cause iscared to go buy anther battery and nothing happens just had one replaced not even 2moths old when this happened

Comment

Working...
              X