1/2" variable speed, high/low speed drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" variable speed, high/low speed drill

On the low speed that goes from 0-1000, can I at 500 rpm (or below) push the lock button to hold it there? I'm mixing liquid ceramic glaze in a 44 gal container. I attach a 33" mixer with an 8" head to the drill. Or is there a better model for my use?

No you are going to have to hold it at the speed you want with your finger. if low speed is o-1000 and you lock it it will lock at 1000rpm.

Comment

Thanks, Jon
      What drill would you recommend for my use?
      Lafe

Comment

Lafe

If you plan on buying a drill for the sole purpose of mixing your glaze you would probably be better off with one of the low rpm, high torque models. If you desire Ridgid, the R7120 would be your best bet, but Bosch, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, Makita, DeWalt, Hitachi to name a few all make high amp, 400 to 600 rpm models.

Woodslayer

Comment

Great advice, Jon; thanks! I've looked at each of these manufacturers and was trying to narrow the field. I'll probably go with the R7120.
          Lafe

Comment

Mixing mortar and other materials was the main thing in mind when they came out with the R7120 as a use for the drill.

Comment

Working...
            X