X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid jointer knives in a Delta jointer

My Delta JT360 blades need to be sharpened, and I saw a very good price on Ridgid jointer blades. They are a bit thicker, longer, and wider, but they go in the cutter head just fine. The locking mechanism is the same as that on the Ridgid jointer.

People have told me this is unsafe and the knives are likely to come flying out. I don't want to risk injury for the sake of some jointer blades, but frankly can't see why it should be a problem. They lock in exactly the same as the Delta knives, so they should be held in just as securely, no? They are a bit heavier, but compared to the mass of the cutter head, the difference should not be significant.

I have run a few pieces of wood and they cut fine, but doesn't prove they will not fail tomorrow.

Comments would be appreciated.

i have bought craftsman blades for my ridgid jointer. In my opinion, that is what the jack screws are for. as long as you can get the knives in tight, and it works, i'd say go for it. a 6 1/8 blade is a 6 1/8 blade. peroid. a little thicker should not be a problem. too long or too short would be the problem! maybe if home deopt carried jointer blades we would not have to look elsewhere
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
    X