Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the difference between 18v hammerdrill and drill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the difference between 18v hammerdrill and drill?

Ive decided to get the ridgid 18v just not sure about which one?

I would like to have a hammerdrill but not sure if there is a dissadvantage in anyway?

is there a difference between the hammerdrill and the regular heavy duty x2 18v drill?

price is no object...

I see that they both are exactly the same torque, speed...

is the only difference the hammer?

cause if thats it then I'll buy the hammerdrill..

HD has a kit with the hammerdrill which looks exactly like the 18v x2...and not like the photo on this site at all...

anyhow...just was curious before making my decision...

thanks primo

[ 10-21-2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: primokona ]

Many hammer drills come with an on/off feature for the hammer part. When the hammer feature is turned off, the drill is for all intent and purpose a regular drill. So, a hammer drill with the on/off feature is in reality two tools in one.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

primo, the only difference between the 18V hammerdrill and the regular X2 drill is the hammer mode. Everything else about the drill is exactly the same.
      You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

primo, the only difference between the 18V hammerdrill and the regular X2 drill is the hammer mode. Everything else about the drill is exactly the same.
        You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

then its the hammerdrill kit for me...

thanks guys

primo

Comment

Idon't know for sure if the ridgid drill you are looking at does, but all hammer drills have a 1/2" chuck max opening, and a lot of the 18v non hammer only have a 3/8" chuck.

happy woodworking guys

[ 10-26-2003, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: hammerman ]

Comment

Working...
            X