Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid X2 18V Brushes

Hi All,

I purchased the Ridgid R84015 18V cordless drill yesterday and it doesn't seem, from the parts breakdown, that the motor brushes are replaceable. The Bosch I was also considering had replaceable brushes, as did the Makita.

The reason I ask is that I've serviced industrial DC motors for several years and the brushes tend to be replaced a few times in the life of the motor. Also, the motor sparks quite severely during braking (which the manual states as normal) and I would think this would cause increased brush wear.

I am considering returning the X2 and getting the Bosch just based on this. Has anyone ever needed to replace the motor brushes on their DC power tools? The Ridgid seem like a quality drill other than this but I'd hate to have to shelve it for a few dollars worth of brushes. All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

I have been using 18 volt cordless tools everday for over six years and have never had to replace any brushes. I've replaced several keyless chucks over the years though.

Comment

Working...
    X