X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help with this??

i just got a good buy on an old 6 1/2 and 8 1/2 skil worm gear saw. i actually posted something similiar to this in a previous post but i could not find the thread, so please forgive me, not trying to spam, the board

anyway...

diamond knock out blades for those saws are not readily available and are pretty expensive.

i was doing some research and came across at amazon.com a freud diamond cut bushing. there was no picture and i assumed this would allow me to use non diamond knock out blades on my skil saws.

it was the opposite, it is a diamond with a 5/8" bore, allowing the use of diamond knock out blades on a non diamond saw.

that being said, does a bushing to allow non diamond knockout blades to be used safely on the skill worm drive? if so...point me in the right direction?

thanks
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Space, your old thread is "another worm drive question......" under What's New in Power Tools forum. Unfortunately very little help from the one response which is "HD has Freuds".

Comment

I've never seen such a bushing. If it were available, it would have to be thick enough to cover the diamond, the thickness of a blade, and transfer the load across. As a minimum, that would be at least 2 blade thicknesses. That might move the blade too close to the guard. I don't think there is any way around it so I have my diamond knock-out blades resharpened.

Comment

I have never seen one but DeWalt has blades that have the diamond knockout.

Comment

first of all i apologize for reposting. i just thought i would take a chance on this one because someone might have been out there that had some insight on this that wasn't necessarily interested in reading a worm gear post.

the freud blades that were spoken of, i have been to all of my local home depots (4 of them), and not one has them. in addition i have not been able to find a dewalt 6 1/2" diamond knock out and even went to the local dewalt store and they checked their catalog. no joy.

milwaukee looks like they might make one. found a local milwaukee supplier so iw ill be checking with them soon

other than that was hoping to find a skill.

as it stands now i have a dewalt blade on it and flipped the bushing over on the outside of the blade, this works well.

actually such a bushing is possible. the makita hypoid is not a diamond knock out. i thought maybe skil at some point made a replacement bushing that was not a diamond

thanks for the insight all and again, sorry for reposting
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
          X