Overseas Purchase 18V Combo Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Purchase 18V Combo Kit

Hello all, I am a builder in Australia, and was going to purchase the Taiwanese made 4 piece combo kit from HD.

But reading from your problems with the drills wabbling chucks, burning motors out I think I will give it a miss.

I have always used German Metabo , Japanese Hitachi, and have never had any problems with the tools after heavy and sometimes abusive use.

The Ridgid tools look fantastic and at a much better price in comparison to anything is Australia. But I feel the US is too far away to chance getting a drill that will burn out, or wobble like a jello, and according to other posts they have had multiple replacements etc.

In my 15 years in the Building trade I have not burnt out a Metabo or Hitachi currently I am using a Bosch cordless Hammer Pro series ( swiss made) and is fantastic but lacks the staying power 2.0ah batteries.

Dam Shame as they look like good tools

Regards
    Greg

[ 01-29-2004, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Aussie Builder ]

Check out Milwaukee, they make the best cordless tools found anywhere. 18v are 2.4 amp hr.

Comment

Greg,
      If you have read my posts then I think you've made the right decision. Since they did not honor my 20% off discount on another brand I will shop elsewhere for big ticket items.
      Wish I was there, probably warm weather.
      Luck to all,
      Jim

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, and yes it is nice here today, just woke up and it is 27C - 80.6F, Ahhh another lovely day at the beach

Greg

Comment

Let me just point out that some of the people that are here bashing Ridgid could very possibly be "sockpuppets" from other brands.

I have the Ridgid 4 tool combo set and am very happy. I've pushed them pretty hard.

I also have the 12V compact drill and am happy with it.

I've had Hitachi, Milwaukee, old Ryobi(when they were decent), and Makita, and I haven't seen anything from my Ridgids that would make me think they were any less quality.

Comment

Working...
          X