No announcement yet.

Brand new 10 inch radial saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone for advise, opinions, etc. It has been very helpful! I wanted to let the group know that HD delivered the correct saw, all put together and covered in plastic, around 7 p.m. on Sunday evening!! I am still amazed that they are so dedicated to getting it "right". Also, although we haven't used it yet (Monday - workday), we believe that with caution, proper eyewear, etc. that we will enjoy using this saw. So again, thanks for your helpful comments!

Comment

Glad to hear that everything went well. It is refreshing to hear of the level of CS delivered by a Home Depot. We tend to hear too many of the horror stories here. Hope you enjoy your saw and making lots of sawdust.

Comment

Skitterbug,

Just curious, but in your post you refer constantly in your posts as "ours". Just wondering who besides yourself purchased / be using the saw? Wife / Brother / Sons ?

Just curious.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Hi Woody! This is a hubby/wife project - mostly wife however, which is me - about 20 some years ago, I made two end tables in an adult shop class and really enjoyed it. The fellow only taught the class for 9 weeks or 1 project and that was it. Hubby and I never had the means to acquire any wood working tools until just lately so based on that class, and the use of a RAS in it and from what I could remember, we figured this would be a good one to start with. From the class, I don't remember this saw as being hard to use and I don't remember the teacher stressing too much about what dangers it could pose. I guess that is why I was so hesitant about it as the discussions continued through the thread of posts. I think, however, that our first instinct may be okay and from the looks of this beauty, I also think we are going to have a lot of fun. Now to decide what to try and make first. And then I bet we find that we will need another tool of some sort - maybe a band saw? As you can see, we are just beginners with lots of ideas. And yes, Hubby now is as interested in delving into this new hobby as I am!! Thanks for asking!! I enjoy this particular forum a lot and will probably become a regular - snooping through the posts and looking for ideas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

you're right. This hobby of woodworking leads to lots of new tools. Every project wants a buddy for your last tool. As your knowledge expands and your expertise of one tool grows, you'll find yourself wanting / needing other tools to grow your skills.

Have fun with your new saw

Jake

Comment

My appologiese for assuming Skitterbug is male.

I think every Male Woodworker needs a wife like Skitterbug; "Honey...Isn't it time to get a new tool?"

Lucky for me, mine doesn't object to me making a purchase; as long as Josh has diapers and formula!

(Still taking donations on that diaper thing!)
              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

No apology needed, John!! I don't take offense very easily and I do tend to keep my identity anonymous on the net. It has been fun being a partner to my guy! We have been through a lot together, work well together and are now developing hobbies together. We both like the summer activities (golf, garden) but now it is time to get going on something we can do all year long since we live in a 4 season state. AND boy is it cold out there now!! Good luck with the diaper fund! Kids are a ball so enjoy them while they are there with you! Ours are already grown and making homes for themselves. Amazing how time flies so enjoy every minute of it and for everyone's supportive words!

Comment

Working...
                X