Ridgid Planer Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Planer Issue

While feeding some sap gum wood this weekend, my Ridgid planer stopped feeding the wood and shut down. I removed the wood and the machine started up, and the cutterhead rotates, but the rollers no longer turn. Anyone have any ideas?

Look at your manual, parts section. See what drives the feed rollers. It may be a simple thing such as a sheer pin, key way or roll pin.

What was the thickness of the cut you were taking? width of stock?
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Mantra,

Sorry to hear about your planer problem. While I have never had the problem you mentioned, I have had to service my own tools (on occasion).

I have a suggestion, but let me preface this by saying that I am not a professional repair person, nor do I claim to be an expert. This is just a suggestion based on my experience repairing my own tools. If you feel uncomfortable with this suggestion - in any way, please take you tool to a professional Ridgid repair shop.

The rollers on your planer may be powered from the motor by chain drive. You should check to see if the chains or chain sprockets have become disengaged.

To accomplish this you may want to:

Unplug the planer and remove the blade.

Remove the metal top, by unscrewing the four large allen screws
      Remove the plastic sides, by unscrewing the elevation wheel and removing (pulling) the plastic repeat cut indicator.

You will now be able to see all of the easily serviceable parts of your planer.

At a minimum, this is a good time to clean and lubricate everything.

If you need to further info there may be one other step you can take to inspect your parts. Let me know how things turn out with the chain.

Comment

Working...
      X