Rigid TS2424 / 3612

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid TS2424 / 3612

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello all - attempting to buy a TS. There are 3 used ones in ads over weekend.
    One is for the 3612 at $475, other 2 for 2424's at $325 range.
    Only Rigid I am familiar with is the new 3650. New design, nice but cannot see $600 for it myself being it new model.
    So I pose the question(s) - what are differences between the 3612 and 2424? If it is just rails are they interchangeable? Fence(s)different?
    Both mobile, right?
    Assuming they all "near" mint as stated - what one would you recommend and why?
    Thank you for informing the "uninformed"
    Or - is the warranty transfered?
    So for being so long winded - really need help!
    Cranky
    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

The biggest difference between the two models is the rails. The 3612 will cut 36" on the right and 12" on the left. The 2424 will cut 24" on both sides. I'm pretty sure, if you want to, you can offset the rails on a 2424 and make it look like a 3612. If you did that, the tapes would not be accurate anymore.

Either model would serve you well and IMO you really can't make a bad choice here.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Okay Badger .... me being a Gopher transplant ... does it seem feasible to take the 2424 (big left at $275-he called back and left message to come and get), add table extension to left, make up sled for anything really wide if/when needed and ripe away? See many use a sled for the larger carcases they on occaison rip so seems doable to me.
      I'm used to a worthless direct drive Crappysman so this sounds heavenly to me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

There are many ways one can cut down sheet goods. Myself, I prefer to use a straight edge and a circular saw to cut down a sheet and then the table saw to cut to exact size. Once you have your saw setup, you can add outfeed tables, infeed tables, and make side tables if you like. As I said before, either the 3612 or the 2424 would be a good choice. The only bad choice may be that you will sit on your hands too long and all the saws will be sold out from underneath you. Good luck.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Badger - sometimes being pokey can pay dividends!
          Picked up the 2424 this am for $240. Spare blades to boot, look like the things never seen dust except on trunion .... a speck or few.
          He musta waxed the table to ---- really sweet looking, and purrs.
          Bet HD could sell some larger tools if they'd actually set them up and make them look nice. There's a jointer in local one and swear it's been neglected in same state of disarray for almost a year now. Someone must dust it on bed but the backside looks solid grey dust.
          Don't they care at all? To much $$$ in other product? Okay - then get rid of them and let someone else actually sell them.

Comment

Working...
          X