X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3650 dust collection

thinking about 3650 and jointer for shop...curious if 3650 has a dust port...and if it comes with the dado throat plate?

The 3650 comes with a dust shroud around the blade that feeds a 2-1/2" port. I understand it works pretty effectively, but I wish it were a 4" port...it's much easier to reduce one that to enlarge one. I don't think the 3650 comes with a dado insert, but I'm not positive. I think one of the knocks against the saw early on was that dado inserts weren't even available as an option until much later.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
      .........I think one of the knocks against the saw early on was that dado inserts weren't even available as an option until much later.
      And know that its later on and commercially made dado inserts are available for the 3650, whats your point?

BTW, dado inserts for all saws that accept dado blades have always been available, its called make your own. A fairly simple task for almost anyone.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hewood:
        .........I think one of the knocks against the saw early on was that dado inserts weren't even available as an option until much later.
        ...whats your point?
        </font>[/QUOTE]The OP asked....
        "...and if it comes with the dado throat plate ?" How'd you miss that?

Comment

I didn't miss anything, how are you helping out the OP by bringing up something that was a shortcoming a long time ago but has since been corrected and is now a moot point?

The OP asked a simple yes or no question about whether or not a dado insert was included with the saw. Your "I don't think the 3650 comes with a dado insert, but I'm not positive." response didn't help out the OP much now did it?
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
            I didn't miss anything, how are you helping out the OP by bringing up something that was a shortcoming a long time ago but has since been corrected and is now a moot point?

The OP asked a simple yes or no question about whether or not a dado insert was included with the saw. Your "I don't think the 3650 comes with a dado insert, but I'm not positive." response didn't help out the OP much now did it?
            So...having a good day are we? My intent was to help. If it didn't, oh well, it was worth the asking price and was more answer than anyone else had left at the time....still was the last time I checked.

My response about the lack of available aftermarket dado inserts was in support of my stating that I didn't think that it came with one as a stock item...at least it didn't early on, otherwise that concern wouldn't have existed. Thanks for clarifying to the OP whether or not the 3650 comes with a dado insert.

[ 05-17-2005, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Working...
            X