X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Jigsaw Bladfe problem

I just recieved my new Cordless jigsaw and the blade will not stay in. Is there a special type of blade needed? The quick blade change mechanisim does not hold the blade when I start cutting. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pmondloch@earthlink.net

When I first got my corded Freud jigsaw I also had an instance or two when the blade came out of the locking mechanism. Turned out to be a case of operator error and nothing at all wrong with the jigsaw. I wasn't making sure that I had the blade properly seated all the way in the blade holder and the blade wasn't engaging the locking mechanism correctly. Alot of it also had to do with the fact that it was a new tool. After using it for awhile, the stiffness of the mechanism loosened up a bit and the blade now locks into place much easier.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugbyeight:
      I just recieved my new Cordless jigsaw and the blade will not stay in. Is there a special type of blade needed? The quick blade change mechanisim does not hold the blade when I start cutting. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pmondloch@earthlink.net
      I have had my Ridgid Jigsaw for a few weeks and noticed that the blades are a little tough to mount until you get used to it. I pulled the clear plastic chip guard off mine which facilltated being able to open up the check wide enough to get the blade seated all the way up in the chuck. The clear chip guard was in the way and wouldn't allow me to turn the chuck far enough to get the blade in...rip the chip guard off and don't use it..It's a headache waiting to happen...but make sure you wear eye protection just the same. Other than that, i love my Ridgid Jigsaw..have built 3 projects my mine so far-Sewing Table for my wife, Oak Daybed for me, and wood display base for my brother's stuffed turkey he shot last yer.

[ 12-23-2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: swhalen ]

Comment

Thanks for the info I will try it. It seems like the chuck does not close on the blade all the way. I was using old blades so I will try some new ones. Thanks.

Comment

If you really want to improve the performance of your new jigsaw try using some Bosch Series T234 Progressor blades. Best jigsaw blades I've ever used. Their kerf is thicker than most jigsaw blades so you get less blade deflection. You can find them at Home Depot.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I don't have the cordless but do have the Ridgid Corded. The T shank blades do requier a little more effort to install and the first sign is the lever not closing. I totally agree with BD on the Bosch blades.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks again for the information. I saw the Bosch blade and thought i would try them. I have figured out that you really have to push the blade all the way in I guess that was my original problem. I was not seating them all the way in. Thanks for the info

Comment

I have the same problem, recieved my cordless jigsaw and battery, but no blades. Spent most of the morning looking for ones that would fit, no luck. Almost looks like it requires a special size blade. Any advice???

Comment

Okay guys, good news. I found blades that fit the cordless jigsaw, DeWalt "T" shank blades fit like a glove and cut like a dream. Even though I'm not too fond of their cordless tools, DeWalt blades are a whole different story.

Comment

I am still frustrated with the saw I will try the Dwalt blades and see if that works. I thought I had it liked but still the blades fell out. I thank all of you for your advice and will let you knnow if the Dwalt blades work for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X