3 1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer

I am looking into purchasing a 3 1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer but first I have a few questions. How much pressure does this need? I have the 4.5g, 3.25hp, 7.6scfm@40psi, 6.2scfm@90psi, oil free, twin stack air compressor by ridgid, will this be sufficient? Also will the nailer shoot a 2 inch stainless steel siding nails and where might I purchase these nails?

Thanks for your help guys/girls.

the compresser you have will be more than enough. the nails you can get at any hardware store or roofing center, and you will have to play with the set up to get the depth right you said some thing about siding. if you are doing wood or concret siding this will be fine but if you are doing a plastic type of siding then i would not recomened you to use a nail gun it may take longer but hand nailing will give you much better results and less breakage witch means money saved. you also so should not nail plastic siding tight as it expands and contracts up to 1" for every 12' panale. a good rule of thumb is after you nail a panle up see if it slides freely back and fourth about 1/2-3/4" each way
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
    X