X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime warranty

Just bought a cordless drill- Ridgid at HD where I was told that there is a lifetime warrantee on all parts including the batteries. My receipt has no warrantee info and the drill box lists a 3 yr warrantee. HD store mgr said "no problem we'll honor a life time warrantee just keep the receipt. I had him sign the receipt but seems like a pretty loose way to do business -Yes?

Deb,

Make a copy of your receipt, they say that
    the one you get from HD will fade after a while.
    If you laminte it don't use heat as it will turn
    it black then you can read it.

Comment

Deb, just bought a TS 3650 table saw and was told the same thing. I was also told that the next Ridgid saws will be made by Ryobi in China.
      Seems that Emerson sold the division to Ryobi. This was the information I received from homedepot in Evansville, IN. Have no idea if it is true but, they told me that after Jan 04, their will not be a lifetime warranty on Ridgid Tools?

Comment

The lifetime warranty has been extended through the end of January. This was made public by a Ridgid Rep. on this site, if you search around you will find it. As far as the viability of the warranty Deb, it's real! There are hand-outs at HD telling you about it, also there are spots on this site you can read more about said warranty. Just remember to keep your receipt and DO NOT HEAT LAMINATE IT, it will turn black. Cold lamination works, but all you really need to do is copy it, and staple the original to the copy and keep them somewhere safe. Good luck with your tools, you're going to love em'!!!
        When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!!

Comment

Dr. Q - a lot of info and most of it is tinged with mis-information. Let me quickly verify...

Emerson owns the RIDGID brand, never sold it. Ryobi is a brand made by OWT, One World Technology. The table saw in question is made in China to exacting specifications.

<a href="http://www.ridgid.com/newsite/news/RidgidBrandRel.pdf" target="_blank">RIDGID / OWT Partnership Explained
          </a>

As for the lifetime warranty - Presently there is a lifetime service warranty available on all RIDGID power tools. The offer is good through January 31, 2004. As others have said - keep the proof of purchase.

Otherwise, RIDGID power tools feature a 90 day satisfaction and a 3 year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. Exact details available elsewhere on this web site.

Comment

Deb, the counter person at Home Depot logged my purchases into THEIR computer, so that plus receipt should nail it. Here in so. Ill they cant keep Ridgid on the shelves it sells so fast, so, either we'll all be happy or they'll get a horrible rep quick.

Comment

All of this Life Time Warranty crap would be good if Ridgid didn't stock-out all of the time.
              Can't find anything I'm looking for. Been to 5 Home Depots, it appears that they are all awaiting restocking after January 31 - when the warranty goes back to "normal".

Bad, Bad, Bad way to do business Emerson.

Comment

Dr. Quimby...re the Ryobi deal: I was told by the HD tool dept mgr tonight that Ridgid is actually buying Ryobi. Hopefully Ryobi's well-earned reputation for building junk won't taint the Ridgid line.

Comment

First, why does anyone listen to the HD managers. They are managers because they are willing to work 55 hours+ per week, not because they actually know anything about what is going on. Ryobi is completely seperate and is not affiliated with Ridgid. the only link is that they are both tools and the company that MFGS some of the ridgid tools also makes some of the Ryobi tools. They are not the same tools!

As to the warranty, you need to save a reciept for the warranty. make photo copies of the actual reciept. they will last a year without fading too much, so yopu don't need to head to Kinko's right after you leave HD. HD does not log anything into their computers. they have transaction records that they can look up, but generally need a reciept to do so. Also, they can only look up a transaction for so long because of the amount of sales that they do. If the tools were purchased on account, special order, or for delivery, then there may be a longer record kept. Otherwise, good luck getting confirmation of a sale in 2 years.

Last, all the HDs around here are not having any trouble with stock. I visit HD at least 2-3 times oper week and always see Ridgid stuff on shelves -both stationary tools and cordless tools. The warranty is well advertised as well right now.

Comment

I heard a HD manager say he was made by ridgid, but that new managers would be made by ryobi and would be chinese. I asked if the new managers would speak english or chinese. He said he didn't know, but he was certain they would speak spanish and they came with lifetime warranties if hired before Jan 31st. I think I also heard someone say that they overheard a tool crib worker who said he overheard a forklift operator say that the new chinese managers would be orange and appear in photographs in dayglo orange.
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Hey Mike

I read in a post not too long ago that Home Depot has like 70 % of the shares of RYOBI's parent company. You better bet your shorts that what that means is that HOME DEPOT basically calls the shots. They are influencing / controlling every decision that company makes b/c it affects their bottom line profitability.

Every dollar Ryobi makes or loses goes directly onto Home Depot's financial statement. Every upper level manager was approved or put in place by Home depot.

Trust me, I'm taking Advanced accounting right now and stuff like this you dont' think about until you really learn how these large companies operate.

All they need is 50 % of shares plus one share to be in control of a company.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by deb:
                        Just bought a cordless drill- Ridgid at HD where I was told that there is a lifetime warrantee on all parts including the batteries. My receipt has no warrantee info and the drill box lists a 3 yr warrantee. HD store mgr said "no problem we'll honor a life time warrantee just keep the receipt. I had him sign the receipt but seems like a pretty loose way to do business -Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by deb:

Comment

Deb,
                            Don't worry about the lifetime warranty. I bought a hammer drill at the sale and have returned it twice because of a defect resulting in a wobble. The third one wobbles also. My next one will be red or yellow but not orange. I have lost all faith in the Ridgid brand because of this. They have been good about exchanges but I do not feel it is worth four trips to HD reguardless of the warranty. I hope they honor the 20% discount on another brand. If they do not then there will not be any more trips to HD.
                            Good luck to all,
                            Jim

Comment

Kemosabe,

Sorry bout your troubles. However I bet you'll find yourself at HOme depot again and agian. I tried to swear them off a couple times but they're too darn big. And have one within 1 block of my home. dagnabbit. I was driving a couple miles past to go to LOWES which I like better, but convenience got the best of me. Last 4 times I was at HD btw, was very good experiences. Guess I'm stuck with them.. LOL

Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X