Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP1550

Well tools experts.

I have been looking at the DP1550. I've read posts on this, as well as other forums concerning the alignment of the pullies. Has RIGID done anything to correct this? I do not want to spend money on a new DP, only to have to replace parts right away.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

I THINK I WOULD GO MUSKY FISHING!

Comment

jon: I have done quite a bit of fishing in my life, but never musky fishing, I sure would like to try it sometime! There's been quite a bit of discussion concerning pulley alignment on the DP1500/1550. The motor pulley and spindle pulley need to be at the same height. The idler pulley will "float" to its correct positon when the belts are tensioned. The instructions in the manual are incorrect(and I wrote them!). Thanks!

Comment

Bob

Thank you for the fast responce on the DP. Since that is the case, I will buy the DP1550, and add my third Rigid tool to my shop (planner and jointer).

Now then.

WALLEYE are they fish of choice in my boat! I'll take a slew snake if'n that's all that's bitting!
        We do have a few good Muskie lakes around. My personal best is 21 lbs, 11.2 ozs. Not too bad. Bad thing is, it was a Tiger Muskie.
        Support Our Troops!
        www.mnpatriotguard.org
        www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Keystone: 21 plus pounds is quite a fish! What exactly is a tiger musky? Thanks!

Comment

if i remember correctly a tiger muskie is a hi bred cross between a northern pike and a regular muskie. dont know about eating them but supposedly they fight like hell. as far a fish of choice I'll take a fryer full of crappies and bluegill any day over most any kind of fish

Comment

A tiger is a cross between the Northern and Muskie. Fights like all get out!

I was pulling a lindy rig with a floating jighead on #6 test when I caught it! Took me close to 30 minutes to get it in the boat. How It didn't cut my line is anyones guess. I guess it was just my turn to get a nice fish!
              Support Our Troops!
              www.mnpatriotguard.org
              www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Working...
              X