X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog,

Ive had pretty good luck with their hand tools so far, only one ratchet failed in many years. Their tape measures are not the greatest but there is a sears hardware store about 7 minutes from my house so exchanging them 4 or 5 times a year is no big deal.

I had a 3/8 ratchet from True Value, made in the USA that I abused for nearly ten years before it finally stripped out. They replaced it no questions asked with the model closest to my old one. The first time I used it I could tell it was not of the same quality, made in Taiwan don't ya know.

It would be nice to find a screwdriver set with hard tips. Every brand I try wears out unbelievably fast. At least with Sears they give me another "profeesional" screwdriver no questions asked when I take it back.

Their sockets seem to round off a little fast but they.......

As I write this post Dog, I think I might just agree with you about their hand tools too. Its getting nearly impossible to find decent tools anymore. Even Nicholson files aren't as hard as before. My answer has been to carry two of everything.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
      Dog,

Ive had pretty good luck with their hand tools so far, only one ratchet failed in many years. Their tape measures are not the greatest but there is a sears hardware store about 7 minutes from my house so exchanging them 4 or 5 times a year is no big deal.

I had a 3/8 ratchet from True Value, made in the USA that I abused for nearly ten years before it finally stripped out. They replaced it no questions asked with the model closest to my old one. The first time I used it I could tell it was not of the same quality, made in Taiwan don't ya know.

It would be nice to find a screwdriver set with hard tips. Every brand I try wears out unbelievably fast. At least with Sears they give me another "profeesional" screwdriver no questions asked when I take it back.

Their sockets seem to round off a little fast but they.......

As I write this post Dog, I think I might just agree with you about their hand tools too. Its getting nearly impossible to find decent tools anymore. Even Nicholson files aren't as hard as before. My answer has been to carry two of everything.
      You're right on screw drivers. Short of buying a set of Snap-On screw drivers, I'm not sure you can get a decent set. And, I'm not willing to pay that kind of money, because on a construction site I don't think I've ever owned a full set for more than six months. As a matter of fact, you know how when you buy a set it always comes with the two little stubby screw drivers. That's usually all I'm left with. If you ever need a stubby, e-mail me your address and I'll ship you a box full.

the dog
      the dog

Comment

Yeah,

I wonder how many thousands of screwdrivers are laying around in the webs of girders and I beams, on top of perlings or in the basements of pawn shops around this country.

On the plus side, those little stubbies fit in a pocket pretty good.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
        X