Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Similarities between Jointech and Incra?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similarities between Jointech and Incra?

Saw a post somewhere on this bbs about router fences, and read it as I am getting ready to build a router table and want to put a nice fence system on it. A reply directed the poster to look at Jointech. Since I had never heard of them I did too.

What I found was that Jointech has a lot of similarities to Incra, specifically the new Incra LS positioner. So many similarities, in fact, that I am wondering if the two companies are related or have some kind of cross-licensing agreement. Anybody know?

Because I found reviews of the Jointech Lead-Screw positioner dating back to at least 1999 or 2001, and I am pretty sure the Incra LS came out last year, I'm assuming that Jointech was first with it. Am I right?

Also, recommendations for router fences in general (needn't be Jointech or Incra) are solicited and welcome.

I've read that Jointech was first, and that Incra copied it, but I don't know this as fact. I've sure been impressed by Jointech whenever they're at a WWing show.

Comment

Working...
    X