X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 18 volt Drill

Just got back from Home Depot with a new 18 volt drill. Seems like there are a lot of sparks from the back. Is this normal on a new drill?

Thanks
    Don

Don, this is a completly normal thing. As a matter of fact, if you don't see sparks in the motor when you stop then you have something to worry about. The sparks just mean that your brushes are doing their job.
    You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

Ever notice how all the strange complaints about ridgid tools are from people who registered here in the current month?
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael:
        Ever notice how all the strange complaints about ridgid tools are from people who registered here in the current month?
        It does seem like there are quite a few new members lately and that is a very good thing. The "Lifetime Warranty" that is being offered til the end of the year and all the brand new products being offered by RIDGID has probably inspired alot of people to become 1st time RIDGID buyers. Yes there is a troll or two out there but I'd hope that most are just posting legitimate questions and concerns about their new tool(s).
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Don't worry about the sparks. I get teh same thing from the Dewalt I bought a few months back. In fact, I'm still in that nice "electrical smell" phase.

Comment

the sparks are fine .its just the brushes wearing in. your heavy amount of sparks are when you hit the trigger and when you release it. if you got heavy amount of sparking say in a couple weeks depending how much you use it and a bad order you might want to get it looked at .one of the trolls. yea!

Comment

Working...
            X