3650 Angle Guage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Angle Guage

I've found the first thing I don't really like about the 3650. The angel guage isn't accurate enough as built to use without setting up the saw manually with an angle guage. When I made all the adjustments during assembly I notice that to get the sight guage true at 0 and 45 degrees means the metal guage is bowed away from the frame of the saw. Obviously this means I can't trust anthing between 0 and 45.

I can adjust this myself by tooling the guage I think but before I do that I'm looking for anyone else who has this problem and what other solutions there may be.

I'm not sure I would trust the angle guage on most saws anyway. An accidental whack to the pointer with a piece of lumber could very easily throw off the setting. A magnetic angle finder works well for me and takes just seconds to set the blade angle.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Badger Dave,

Where can I get more information on a magnetic angle finder?

Thanks,

Desmo

[ 11-10-2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Desmo888 ]

Comment

Desmo,

There are a number of companies that make these. Here's one; http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=34214

Dave
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
        ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Most good hardware stores sell magnetic angle gauges. I bought one at Sears.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This is about what I expected. Now looking for another tool. O boy o boy.

Comment

Working...
              X