X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Top Pick in Wood Magazine

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet. I just got my new issue of Wood Magazine yesterday. They tested 11 mid-priced table saws, and picked the TS-3650 as their top choice. They recommended not getting the more compact table saws, but if you really *had* to have one for space reasons, etc, the TS-2400 was their pick, although they had several complaints about it.

The only complaint about the TS-3650 was that it too three times as many crank rotaions to run the blade height through its range (33 turns, if I remember correctly.) I don't know how many my Delta Contractor takes, but I think I'd rather have the finer adjustment over speed of changing height.

I've always liked Wood's reviews, as I think they test for real-world use. I refer to it more than any other review when I'm shopping for a new tool.
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

It will be interesting to see how this plays out on some of the other forums. This comparison will, at the very least, take a little wind out of the sails of the RIDGID nay sayers.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to read the whole article, so I'm sure there are some nits to pick in their scoring. I can't remember which one, but another saw was also highly rated. Some off-brand I'm not familiar with.

If I have time tonight, I'll read more and list the results.
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

can someone give me a link to this Magazine

thanks
        ________
        ZX900F
        Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Wood Mag

Comment

Roddy,

The magazine is "Wood" and to read the article you'll have to buy the old fashioned paper edition. They also have a website at woodmagazine.com but that does not duplicate the magazine.

Comment

Roddy,

I spoke too soon. You can get to the review on-line but, they charge you for the Adobe file.

Comment

Originally posted by smorris:
                I can't remember which one, but another saw was also highly rated. Some off-brand I'm not familiar with.
                That would be the Bridgewood TSC-10CL made by Wilke Machinery. They're not an offbrand but more on the lines of Grizzly or Shopfox. Bridgewood

Anyway I find it interesting that the saw my wife bought me for my birthday this year was rated as one of the worst. The Delta. But for the price I got it at I guess I can live with it. The accessories I can buy with the money I saved will put it up there with the best of them.
                Jeff

Comment

Jeff - That Delta is still a good saw. Wood Mag's not the Bible! ...just a mag who hired reviewer's who preferred the 3650. I'd take a Skil benchtop from my wife over a Unisaw that I bought any day.

[ 05-13-2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I was looking at getting this saw even before we dropped the price. It is as good a saw as the rest in this catagory. I am very happy to have the saw and even happier to have a wife who understands my passion for woodworking.
                    Jeff

Comment

This is my first post here. I am looking at the article and several saws seem to have many good features. The TS3650 definitely was not hurt by the article and the only negatives are the smaller 2 1/2 dust port and the arbor issue that I have read about. The CM 22114 did well but lacked mobility. I am looking at purchasing in the next month and have narrowed it to those two saws. I am not hijacking this thread but any opinions can be PM to me.
                      Thanks,<br />Pete

Comment

Working...
                      X