X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Problem

Picked up a 3650 Monday and am very happy with it. Except for 1 thing.
    I have triple checked the setup for placing the front rail with the 7 1/8 mark of the tape dead on the right edge of the table top, and I set the zero.
    When I place the fence at 36" the cut is 36 1/16". At 18" the cut is 18 1/32". It looks like the tape is off and the error is increasing with length. But, I placed 2 tape measures and a machinist rule on the tape and they say the tape is o.k.

I've called Ridgid and they are sending a new tape, if that doesn't correct this, they offered to send a new rail. So far, great support.
    Anyone have any ideas what the heck is off since the 3 comparison rules kinda verified the rail tape is o.k.?
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Make sure the rail is level to the table top. It seems like it's very easy to assemble the saw with the rails sloping down to the right. I've looked at a lot of saws on eBay and other places and it seems to be a common occurrence.
    -- <br />Often wrong, never in doubt.

Comment

You can adjust the cursor to make up for it. Or, what I did was use a 3" machinist set up block and used it to align the fence to 3". It's dead on now.

Comment

Originally posted by jtpr:
        You can adjust the cursor to make up for it. Or, what I did was use a 3" machinist set up block and used it to align the fence to 3". It's dead on now.
        It's been fixed for awhile. The front rail was crooked.
        Thanks,
        ken
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Working...
        X