MSUV On Sale For $99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV On Sale For $99

I've been wanting one of the Ridgid MSUV's for quite a long time but just couldn't pull the trigger at $199. When they went on sale for $149 I almost bit but because even though I want one it really is more stand than I need so I held off.

Home Depot has just put them on sale for $99. Thats all it took,...... so this morning I became a MSUV owner. Assembly is a breeze as all you need to do is mount the two wheels to the frame then mount the saw and you're finished. It took about as much time getting it out of the carton and unwrapping all the plastic as it did to set it up. [img]smile.gif[/img] My HD had about 16 or so units available, YRMV.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Hey badgerDave,

I too became a new MSUV Owner yesterday. I tried to talk my wife into getting me one last Saturday and she said wait until payday...well, she was in a good mood yesterday and said, "Let's go get you one of those "Saw Rolly Things"...well, lo and behold, I did a double table when I saw a $99 sticker on the floor display model that covered the $149 sticker we saw on Saturday...Pretty sweet suprise to me....It too took me more time to get it out of the box than it did to assemble it....lol. That thing flopped open a few times and scared the crap out of me until I figured it all out...It's a great addition to your shop. Enjoy yours...I'll sure enjoy mine....BTW...CORDLESS TOOLS RULE!!!!! lol..remember our thread about you hating cordless tools and me loving them..????lol Good Times, Brother.

Comment

I'm going to check to see if our HD has any for $99. Even at that, it might be a hard sell. I don't have a miter saw yet.

We'll see...
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I suggest you get one even if you don't have a saw yet. They only go on sale about once a year. It's a great unit...One tip, make sure and install the supplied bolts and nuts with the bolt installed from the bottom of the table top. They are too long and you can't close the unit fully for transport because of the long obstruction. Refer to page 8 of the owner's manual, figure 7...Install oposite of how you see in illustration. Other than that, it's an awsome unit.

[ 04-29-2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: swhalen ]

Comment

Originally posted by smorris:
          I'm going to check to see if our HD has any for $99. Even at that, it might be a hard sell. I don't have a miter saw yet.
          How bout a planer, ya got a planer. Might make a good stand for one of those. [img]smile.gif[/img] Better yet, how bout a mobile work station for working on old typewriters. Thats it, Mobile/Stationary Underwood Vehicle.
          I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdave:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by smorris:
            How bout a planer, ya got a planer. Might make a good stand for one of those. [img]smile.gif[/img] Better yet, how bout a mobile work station for working on old typewriters. Thats it, Mobile/Stationary Underwood Vehicle. </font>[/QUOTE]BD, who helped ya with that one. LOL
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'm having trouble attaching wheels. Followed the directions, but axil bolt doesn't extend far enough out to attach wheels. What's am I doing wrong??

Comment

Dan, you know that us undercover plants can't reveal our sources. Coming soon,...... "How To Peel Potatoes Using Your JP0610 Planer"

[ 04-30-2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: badgerdave ]

Comment

Scott, at first I also couldn't get the axle bolt to extend out far enough to attach the wheel. All it took on my part was just a little extra tap with a hammer and the bolt then slid all the way out.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

I was in the Depot yesterday and they are still $149.00 here. Guy said he did not know a thing about it.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by badgerdave:
                        How bout a planer, ya got a planer. Might make a good stand for one of those. [img]smile.gif[/img] Better yet, how bout a mobile work station for working on old typewriters. Thats it, Mobile/Stationary Underwood Vehicle. QUOTE]

Well, I went out to Home Depot yesterday, and no $99 deal. They looked it up for me to see if it was on some un-advertised special, and it didn't show any pricing available at $99. Said it may be a regional promotion.

Too bad, because I was going to take a photo for you, Dave. Only mine is a Royal. I don't have an Underwood...

http://www.morrisgarage.com/clique/collect.html

Ah well, maybe next time.
                        Steve
                        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

What the heck is MSUV ????

Comment

Miter Saw Utility Vehicle

Comment

Thanks Brooks, I was trying to figure that out but, I think thats the only thing I didn't think of.

Comment

Working...
                              X