X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor question

I am looking for a framing nailer and I want to know if the compressor I presently own will be sufficient to use with a framing nailer. I have a Porter Cable 135 psi 2hp/6 gallon compressor that works great with my finish nailer.

It depends on how you intend to use the framing nailer. It should be OK if speed nailing is not your main concern. It would definately be undersized for any type of production work. The framing nailers gobble up quite a bit more air than a finish nailer so even working at a moderate pace, the compressor will recycle fairly often.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

DAVE IS 100% CORRECT.
      A LITTLE TRICK ON JOB SITES IS TO ADD AN EXTRA STORAGE TANK. THINK THEY ARE PORTABLE TANKS APPROX. 8 GALLON $40. (GOOD FOR TOPPING OFF A TIRE.) IF YOU HAVE A LONG HOSE RUN YOU WANT TO ADD THIS TANK TO THE LAST SECTION OF HOSE CLOSE TO THE GUN. JUST INSTALL A TEE FITTING ONTO YOUR QUICK DISCONNECT AT THE TANK. THIS WILL ADD MORE VOLUME TO YOUR COMPRESSOR AND MAKE UP FOR PRESSURE DROP FROM THE HOSE LENGTH. KEEP IN MIND YOUR COMPRESSOR WILL CYCLE LESS OFTEN, BUT WILL THEN RUN LONGER TO PRESSURIZE THE ADDITIONAL TANK.

Comment

Working...
      X