BS1400 band saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 band saw

I was at my local HD yesterday and they had 4 BS1400's in the box but a I guess new BS1402 on display at the full price. Are they marking the old ones back up to full price or is the $299 still what the BS1400's are going for? The flyer I have states that the lower price is good on the BS1400 "while supply last".
    They also have a TS3612 but I didn't see the rip fence guides.
    Thanks.
    Jeff
    Retired Navy

Argh...paid over $500 for my BS1400 6 months back!

Comment

Paid $429 for mine last year. Forget what I paid for the fence ordered online from Ridgid. Add another $70 for the riser block. And another $15 for the cool blocks.

Now, look at the G0555. Quick release tensioner, extruded fence rails with fence, bearing guides and miter gauge, all for $375 and right now, $55 Shipping.
      Riser block extra. Oh, and it has a 1 hp motor as well. Still wish it would have been on the market when I purchased last year!

To top it all off, HF has a band saw in a flyer, not a catalog, that is the exact same thing as my Ridgid band saw for $280, even down to the stand.
      90740-1YZA Go figure!

And if you like the TS2424, 46813-1YZA w/o the Hurc-U-Lift for $300.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I've been looking pretty hard at the G0555. Looks to be more what I'm looking for and maybe more bang for the buck.
        Woody how good is the rip fence for the BS1400? My Dad bought one and I'm thinking of buying him a rip fence for Christmas.
        Thanks.
        Retired Navy

Comment

It's a fence, nothing fancy. For the money, I think you would be better off looking at something after market that will fit the saw.

It's tube steel rails. Has a knob to tighten the front of the fence, and a knob to tighten the back of the fence. Ok for adjusting for drift. Difficult to get square. The fence is basically a piece of aluminum bent into a square U shape. Mine has no fastening on the faces, so wood can catch it and bend it, making the face of the fence not true.
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody,

Yea I noticed the HF bandsaw, and called their technicans and had the manual emailed to me. You won't believe it... but the manual is exactly (90%) the same as the BS1400 manual, down to the same parts list, pictures etc. Looks as though HF has picked up the excess Ridgid line or something. The only differences are the motor 1hp, and it's a four speed.

I used this information (as well as argued that HD needed to get the old stuff out in order to make room for the new) to negotiate with HD for a great deal on both a Ridgid BS and Jointer. Both for $265 each. Despite some of the wows of folks with the warranty and service center I haden't had any problems with getting problems resolved on my BS2412 and still think the Emerson Motors and lifetime warranty are worth it!

Murph
            murph

Comment

Working...
            X