X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Cuter Saw

Hey every one !!

I'm looking for a multi-cut saw. I found 3 options:

a) Ridgid 614 (not in US but ok for Brazil)
    b) Makita LC1230
    c) DeWALT DW 872

No pic for RIDGID (site was down...)

Any oppinions?

Best

Ari

[ 04-11-2004, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Ari ]

It's there but it's a little hard to find. For some reason they put it with the "Pipe Threading Tools" equipment.

[ 04-11-2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Hey Dave !!

Thanks once again!

What do think about "dry cut" compared with Abrasive CUT-OFF? Is there any advantage that justifies the investment?

Best

Ari

Comment

You have me at a disadvantage. I know absolutely nothing about the Ridgid machine. Hopefully, someone can answer your question.
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
        ------- Henry Ford

Comment

When cutting metal with an Abrasive CUT-OFF saw there a lot of sparks. Wich will cover everything in dust.
          Andy B.

Comment

Ditto Andy !! Thanks guys !! I will look for the tools and let you guys know.

BEst

Ari

Comment

I have the Dewalt. Five major reasons to spend the extra money on one of these are:

1> No sparks!
              2> No heat build-up on cut, you can handle the cut peices right away.
              3> Quality of cut - very clean
              4> No dust from cut-off wheel
              5> Fast cutting

Comment

Thanks Julian Tracy !!

I'm trying to avoid fights with my wife about dust... She is the boss but I don't know who voted her for President at home...

The other reasons (no sparks, temp etc) are also my decision factor.

Thanks for your help !!

Ari

Comment

Working...
                X