Which table saw??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which table saw??

I am about to buy the new saw and I can't make up my mind. Of course I have been looking at the TS3650 But we also have the Delta 36-675. They just arrived at our store in Dec. retail for $529 compared to $569 for the Ridgid. But they have now gone on clearance atready. The price hasn't gone down any yet but it might depending on how long we have them. My question is it worth the $529 or should I take the chance of sellin the three I have and wait to see if the price drops?
    Jeff

Value is a mostly a matter of opinion. These two saws offer different strengths and weaknesses. Which is best for you depends on what's important to you. The 675 is a good basic CS design modeled after the other Deltas, but with the upgraded T-2 fence. I thought it looked like a good deal at $529. Last week they went on clearance for $399 and from what I've read on other forums, people are buying them right and left.
    http://dgroups.woodmagazine.com/n/pf...sages&tid=5175

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...apsed&sb=5&o=2

[ 01-28-2005, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Mine is still listed at $529 maybe the price change hasn't come down yet. At $399 I would think it would be the best buy. I have never used this saw but I have used the Ridgid. That is why I am asking the questions.
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Cuj0HD:
        Mine is still listed at $529 maybe the price change hasn't come down yet. At $399 I would think it would be the best buy. I have never used this saw but I have used the Ridgid. That is why I am asking the questions.
        I'd ask or call around to other stores, or both if that's the saw you'd like. With the cost of steel and materials on the rise, we're not likely to see prices like that often.

Comment

I checked on Friday when I went in and they were signed at $399.That is a steal. Rockler has on on display, with cast iron wings, for $599.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Cuj0HD:
            I checked on Friday when I went in and they were signed at $399.That is a steal. Rockler has on on display, with cast iron wings, for $599.
            That being the case, I would have grabbed one just to secure the price and machine, then waited to open it until I was certain it's what I wanted. Some guys were even getting them for $350 just by asking what else they would do...

Comment

Unfortunatly, since I am the manager of that dept I can't give myself a discount. So I will just wait and see what happens.
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X