X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to talk me out of this?

I'm giving serious thought to taking advantage of the lifetime warranty and getting the Ridgid BS1400, Planer and Jointer before the end of the week. Comments?

I'd say that if you've done your homework and these appear to be the tools that will satisfy your needs then go for it.

edit: I sure wish I could spell better.

[ 01-27-2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Dave:

edit: I sure wish I could spell better.
      Better, b-e-t-t-e-r, Better [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Seems like after talking with a number of folks about Ridgid, Delta, DeWalt, etc., that finding good tools is something of a crapshoot (at least in the price range where I'm looking).I own the Ridgid TS and EB4244 sander and am very happy with both of them. Maybe the secret is to just make a choice, stick with it, and do whatever it takes to fine-tune or otherwise get the performance you want out of the tools.

Comment

Like Dave said, if you've done the homework, and they will fit your needs, go for it! When in doubt go with your gut feeling, don't forget you've got 90 days to make up mind for sure. Just my 2 cents,
          JJC

Comment

brantstx
            I have the jointer, the ts3650 and a 12 volt drill and do not want to take any of them back.
            I would buy them again and in the future I think cs is on the right track. It has taken a while but they have had a lot of changes. Good luck on your choices.
            SCWood

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys- I appreciate it. My decision will be made today or tomorrow!

Comment

I've got the Rigid Jointer, Rigid Planer and Rigid Drill Press. Bought them all last fall. Love them every one! Going back for the Table Saw next Month.

Comment

Thanks, guys, for all your input. After much study and deliberation, decided to go with 14" Delta bandsaw, 6" Delta jointer, and new DW735 DeWalt planer. Still getting everything all set-up, but I have every reason to think I made the right decision. As I've said, I already own the Ridgid table saw & oscillating belt sander (love them both), so I may yet buy more Ridgid tools. I'm pretty flush with cordless drills and recip saws (PC), but the German-made Ridgid jig saw and orbital sander are looking pretty good to me right now. Anybody own these 2? Thanks again for the advice. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-02-2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: brantstx ]

Comment

Have the 5" ROS... not the German one... it's great. Most of my Ridgid tools are great. My TS3612, the X2 drill, the W/D, and even my riserless bandsaw are great.

The unavailability of the advertised accessories is not so great. It sure would be nice if they could do something, or even comment about things like the bandsaw riser blocks.

Comment

The jig saw is a Metabo in disguise....and thats what made me believe in the quality of the tools...i cut a lot of pvc, brass and 1/4 ply with the jig, its fantastic...

[ 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: paul v. ]

Comment

Yep, have them both and they are great. The price on the two are at the top end of what HD carries but IMHO they are worth every penny. You will love the dual orbit feature on the ROS

Comment

Working...
                        X